Today, we are going to talk about auto and AC flushing systems which are commonly known as the AC flush kits. If you own an automobile, then you must have seen the automotive service shops flushing the AC system of your car while you are getting it services.
The flushing procedure removes oil residue, debris, and any other impurities that might have been collected over time in the AC unit. If you are buying an AC flush kit, here a few things to keep in mind:
- Canister capacity: Each AC flush kit comes with a dedicated canister that holds the flushing medium. Now, a high capacity canister will surely contain more medium so that it can be used for a longer time. But, it will be much heavier and harder to carry.
- Hose length: The flushing needs to be done via a dedicated high-quality hose as the medium has very high pressure. You need to have a long hose for a safer operation as well as a good quality hose so that it does not leak the gas.
- Build quality: Similar to air compressors, the AC flush kits also carry compressed gas which is always exerting force on the inner walls. In case the canister does not have a high build quality, it might explode and cause injuries to the user.
The flush kits which are available in the market are a bit complicated and difficult to understand for a common buyer. Therefore, we are here to guide you towards your perfect purchase for the AC flush kit. Here, we are gathering the best AC flush kit available in the market right now along with its properties as well as pros and cons. We will also provide a buying guide that will surely help you along the way. Therefore, make sure you read the article until the end.
Best AC Flush Kit
Top AC Flush Kit Reviews
FJC is a very popular brand that has managed to get very positive feedback from its consumers. For that, you need to look into their AC flush kit.
In the 1st position, we have a budget-oriented FJC 2710 AC system flush kit from FJC. It comes with an 18 ounces canister which is pretty small in comparison with other options. But, it is also the reason why this product can be an ideal choice if you have to store it in a small space in your car as it is the most compact option. Also, the canister is reusable so that you can get it refilled without needing to replace the canister.
You can use this flush kit to remove various impurities such as contaminants, moisture, and acid residue that forms after elongated use of the AC. That makes it a great choice in case you have an air conditioner that runs on refrigerants R12, R22, or R134A. Using the flush kit is also pretty easy. But, if you face any issue, you can follow the included instruction manual for ease of understanding. Keep in mind that this flush kit does not include air fittings.
- Budget oriented option
- 18 ounces canister
- Compact option
- Best for small storage requirement
- Reusable canister
- Removes contaminants, moisture, and acid residue
- Best for R12, R22 or R134A based supported AC systems
- Easy to use
- The instruction manual is included
- Compact size allows ease of transport
- Lightweight AC flush kit
- Canister capacity is low
- There is no warranty description available
GoPlus is yet another popular brand that we have selected in our list. It is a budget-focused brand that is offering a great AC flush kit.
Our 2nd pick for the best AC flush kits is the Goplus A/C AC Flush Kit as it marks the cheapest price tag available in the market right now. But, you will still get a massive 32 ounces canister that is equipped with an improved spray head for the best results. This spray head provides a steady spray of pressurized gas that can effectively remove refrigerant oil and debris. It can be used for various refrigerants such as R134, R12, R22, R410, and R404.
Goplus A/C AC Flush Kit provides a very simplistic operation. All you have to do is simply fill up the canister with the pressurized gas and start flushing every single component carefully. It is designed to work alongside FJC flush solvent. But, it can be used with any lightweight ac flushing agent that can be mixed with air. As it has a large capacity, you can get multiple consecutive flushing sessions in a single refill.
- A most budget-friendly option
- 32 ounces canister
- Equipped with an improved spray head
- A steady spray can be obtained
- Easy to remove refrigerant oil and debris
- Can be used for R134, R12, R22, R410, and R404
- Simple to use
- Designed to work alongside FJC flush solvent
- Useable with any lightweight flushing agent
- Multiple cycles can be obtained in a single refill
- Canister capacity is great
- Comes with a 3 feet long hose
- No warranty description is provided
- Bit heavier in comparison
Mastercool might be quite an underrated brand on the market. Nonetheless, you can get a very reliable AC flush kit from Mastercool.
In the 3rd position, we have another compact AC flush kit from Mastercool. This AC flush kit comes with a 20 ounces canister that is made up of aluminum. This gives it a very sturdy build quality and extends its reliability. Also, due to the 20 ounces size, it has a considerably smaller canister and the whole unit can be tucked away in the corner of your vehicle’s trunk. It comes with a hose included in the package that has SAE approval which represents a higher build quality for a hose.
Similar to our previous suggestion, Mastercool 91046-A Silver A/C System also comes with a powerful gun nozzle that can turn out to be really helpful while flushing the system. It has a lever on the top that controls the spray of pressurized gas while using it. Therefore, you can have manual control over the required pressure which is a great way to ensure safer operation.
The maximum generated pressure from the nozzle is enough to remove any sort of debris and oil easily. And to avoid any mishap, it is protected by a check valve as well. It is backed by a year of warranty from Mastercool.
- Compact AC flush kit
- 20 ounces canister
- Aluminum build
- Sturdy build quality
- Highly reliable option
- Smaller in size
- Best for portability
- SAE approved hose
- A powerful gun nozzle on the hose
- A lever to control pressure
- Easily removes oils and debris
- Protected by the check valve
- 1-year warranty
- It has a warranty period
- Reliable build quality
- But expensive considering the size
- Canister capacity could be more
You have most probably heard about XtremepowerUS if you are a power tool enthusiast. But they also have an AC flush kit in their lineup.
Here is another powerful and highly capable AC flush kit from XtremepowerUS. If you know this brand, then you must also know that all XtremepowerUS products are aimed for heavy-duty applications. Similarly, this flush kit also carries a 34 ounces canister that can be used flawlessly for a very long time. It also features an improved spray head to get the best spray performance. You will be getting a steady and controlled spray that can be used to remove any debris caused by various refrigerants such as R134, R22, R12, R410, and R404.
Using the flush system gets very easy as it is simply single push use after the refill. It has a dedicated pressure relief wall for maximum safety. In case the generated pressure exceeds the design limit, the pressure relief valve will open automatically to release all of the extra pressure and manage the pressure automatically. Although, any pressure value under 170 PSI is sustainable for this canister. Similar to other options, it can be used with any lightweight flushing agent. But the best choice would be the FJC flush solvent.
- Heavy-duty option
- 34 ounces canister
- Long term use
- Improved spray head
- Steady and controlled spray
- Usable on R134, R22, R12, R410, and R404 refrigerants
- Simple to use
- Dedicated pressure relief
- Safe operation
- 170 PSI pressure limit
- Can be used with any lightweight flushing agent
- High canister capacity
- The spray head is very good
- Hose length is not mentioned
- Warranty information is not available
Four Uncles is a very renowned name in the market. You can definitely get an overall balanced AC flush kit from Four Uncles.
With the IRONCUBE AC Flush Kit from FOUR UNCLES, you will get very efficient cleaning results as it uses dry shop air to pressurize the solvent and sprays that over the cleaning unit. This can thoroughly clean any AC part and remove oil and any other refrigerant contaminants easily. A nozzle is attached to the hose which directs the flow of pressurized gas without creating any problems such as reverse flow. The canister that holds all of the pressurized media is made up of Aluminum that gives the best build quality.
Along with high build quality, you can also observe high-pressure resistance as well as high corrosion resistance. This ensures long service life on the canister and adds up to the overall reliability of the product. The canister is reusable so you might not have to replace it ever. As the canister has 34 ounces capacity, it will last a number of cycles before you have to get it refilled from an air shop. This flush can be used for R12, R134a, R404, and R22 A/C systems. It is backed by a year of warranty from Four Uncles.
- All in one option
- Efficient cleaning results
- Uses dry shop air
- Great cleaning capability
- A nozzle is attached at the end of the hose
- No such issues as reverse flow
- Aluminum build canister
- High-pressure resistance
- High corrosion resistance
- Long service life
- Reliable option
- Reusable canister
- 34 ounces capacity
- Can be used for R12, R134a, R404, and R22 A/C systems
- 1-year warranty
- It comes with 3.5 ft long hose
- Capacity is very large
- Heavy in weight
- Not an ideal option for smaller application
Buying Guide For The Best AC Flush Kit
A buying guide is a very helpful set of instructions that guides you to get the best product available in the selection. As we are talking about the best AC flush kits and you will most probably get one of our top picks, we are providing this buying guide that will help you to narrow down the best option regarding your needs.
Before proceeding with the buying guide, you must read each and every single product carefully otherwise you cannot understand the properties mentioned in the buying guide as they vary according to each product. If you are already considering a couple of options, make sure they have the following properties:
1. Cleaning capacity
Every AC flush system kit varies marginally in terms of properties. Hence, you can surely expect a lot of difference in the end result. As you may already know, different AC systems run on different refrigerants. As refrigerants are basically various chemical compounds, each refrigerant leaves a different sort of trace behind.
And to clean such a system, you need a particular pressure or solvent for perfect results. Now, you can either check the properties of the refrigerant used in your system and compare it with the flush unit. Or, you can simply take a look at which refrigerants are supported by a particular flush system for a quick decision.
2. Hose length
Operating with a high-pressure gas can turn out to be very hazardous. Especially in case of AC flush systems as the pressure limit is around 170 PSI in some cases. Such high-pressure flow is fairly difficult to control.
Therefore, you must have a long hose so that it does not slip out of your hand while it is being operated at full potential. Also, a long hose can easily reach any part of the cleaning unit without needing to move the whole flushing unit to the other side that comes in handy if you are a frequent user.
3. Canister size
The canister size is generally specified in ounces for every product. It is basically the amount of pressurized air a certain flush system can hold while maintaining a certain pressure. Now, the higher the capacity, the longer it can be used without needing a refill.
Refilling the canister is rather a tedious task as you will have to go to a dry air shop to get it done. And if you are adding up certain high-end solvents as well, you will have to pay a bit extra as compared to the dry air mixture. Therefore, make sure you get a high capacity canister so that you don’t have to go through this tedious process frequently.
4. Build quality
Build quality of the flush system is another important aspect that should not be overlooked while buying one. The build quality is solely responsible to prevent any hazardous accidents because of overpressure or mishandling.
The overall build quality consists of the build quality of the canister as well as the hose that is used for spraying. The canister is holding all of the pressurized gas insides. Therefore, it must have high durability as well as high corrosion resistance as corrosion weakens the surface of the metal.
While buying an AC flush system, you should look for the most reliable option available in the market. The reason behind this is that the flush unit will be carried alongside your vehicle at all times. Hence, it will undergo constant vibration and impacts.
Now, to ensure it does not fail because of this, it should have a sturdy build quality. To ensure the reliability of the product, take a look at the warranty period allotted by the manufacturer. Usually, heavy-duty products carry a longer warranty period as they have a decent build quality and are less likely to fail any time soon.
If you live in a dusty region or love offroading in your car, you will definitely need a decent AC flush kit always by your side so that your AC system does not stop working overtime. Instead of paying various charges to get your AC system cleaned up, you can take matters into your own hands and completely clean the system whenever you feel a discomfort in the performance.
To make sure you get the best AC flush kit, we have drafted a list for the best AC flush kits available in the market right now along with their properties and various features. We have also provided a buying guide so that you get a little extra help while choosing between a couple of options. But, if you do not want to go through all the hassle, you can take a look at our recommendations down below.
- If you are on a tight budget, then Goplus A/C AC Flush Kit is definitely the best option for you as it carries the most budget-friendly price tag from our list. Even though it is pretty cheap, it has a large 32 ounces canister and it comes with a 3 feet long hose included in the package.
- Now, if you are looking for a compact yet a reliable option, then you need to get the MASTERCOOL (91046-A Silver A/C System Flush Kit. This flush kit is backed by a year of warranty which is great considering the majority of options do not have a warranty period. Also, it has a 20 ounces canister that makes it a compact option.
- Lastly, we will recommend the FOUR UNCLES IRONCUBE AC Flush Kit as it is an all in one type of product. It comes with a long 3.5 feet hose which is much needed with the flush kit for safer operation. It also has a massive 34 ounces capacity and backed by a year of warranty.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!