From a handyman to a professional, a high geared toolbox is a must-have. These boxes come from the basic spanner or a screwdriver to even high range power tools as well.
They are highly helpful in mending and fixing pretty much anything not just in workplaces but also at homes. Thus it is vital that almost every home should be having a proper Tool Box just in case. In this article, we are going to talk about the best toolbox you can buy on the internet.
Given that a toolbox is a single time purchase, you should be investing in a proper set that will stay with you for a very long time. Thus before finalizing on any set, be sure that you are considering the following key factors first:
- Contents of the box: As most of the toolboxes come with pretty much everything basic, a lot of premium boxes come with job-specific tools. If you are buying a toolbox for a specific task at hand, then that makes sense. But most of the times, it is ideal to buy a general type of toolbox that has almost all of the generic tools.While this stands, a lot of you already might be having a bunch of tools at your disposal and you might just be looking for a storage box to place it in. In such cases, you could do with minimal tools and almost just a box too.
- Storage capacity: The next big thing to consider is the actual storage capacity of the box. Here, the choice should be dependent on how and what you wish to store. If you wish to store your regular tools along with some power tools, you would want a large box with compartments to fit in the regular tools. If you are to store some basic equipment or basic tools, then you would want to choose a basic storage box but something that has a wide range of compartments etc.,
- The durability of the box: The durability and the make of the box are also very important factors that you would be considering. This will give you a great idea as to how heavy lifting the box can do. The rule of thumb is to go for boxes that are made out of IPX waterproof and scratchproof materials. Also, do make room to consider that the box needs to be all weatherproof as well. This aids in making sure that you can take the box to almost in any work conditions.
- Portability: Finally, the portability of the box is considered. For heavy boxes, this includes having wheels or attaches of sorts. These will help you in fixing the box to larger equipment, walls, hooks etc., These sort of attachments will increase the chance of making your toolbox portable and if not, easier to migrate from one point to another.
The above mentioned 4 factors, along with a thorough analysis of reviews and ratings have been the foundation of picking the following products. Now let us jump in to list them down and review them.
9 Best Tool Boxes
8 Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
- The tool box has 6 removable bins in 2 different sizes that allows you to store and organize things based on their size.
- There is a divider at the bottom that offers deep storage where you can keep larger tools such as power drill, hammer, and flashlight.
- The topmost bins have a sliding mechanism you can slide and place big items by using all the space. If not, you can place the most useful items on the top bins.
- Using the ball-bearing sliders, you can access heavier tools located at the bottom compartment without removing the top bins.
- The tool box comes with a central locking mechanism that prevents the toolbox from opening and ensures the contents are secure inside the box.
- There is an extendable handle along with 7 inches heavy-duty wheels that allow you to move the tool box conveniently.
- It is very durable, thanks to the polypropylene construction that is resistant against harsh weather conditions, rusting, peeling, and denting.
- The tool box can handle a weight capacity of 66 pounds. This allows you to carry more and heavier items. Besides, the wheels and the handle ensure that you are not burdened by the weight.
- The tool box comes in black and features a sleek finish that makes it look cool.
- A bit heavy
- Does not have waterproof feature
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.
Beyond by Black+Decker curates the complete list of home improvement tools for your DIY works. With easy to use features, the brand’s products allow you to maintain your home, yard, and garden effortlessly. This tool box is a versatile one that allows you to store a wide range of items including small parts and bigger tools. There are removable trays so that you don’t have to carry extra load when not needed.
- It comes as a bundle with two separate boxes – 19 inches and 12 inches that allow you to carry tools of different sizes.
- There are two removable components on the top of the lid that can be used to carry smaller tools and screws. And, the larger tools can be kept in the lockable compartment.
- The inner trays are detachable and so you can remove them when you do not have many tools to carry. This reduces weight, helps keep things organized, and increases portability.
- There is a built-in padlock to secure the tools inside the box. Besides, you can also add a small lock to it to ensure that the lock is secure.
- As the tool box is made of durable plastic, it can withstand frequent use and is lightweight. With a weight of only 6.74 pounds, the tool box is very easy to carry everywhere.
- Even though plastic does not rust and can withstand frequent use.
- It is not as durable as steel or other metals.
- It is susceptible to damage when you use it roughly.
Out of all the options available, the Dewalt toolbox is the best of the lot. This Extralarge box has a very large and robust build quality and ample storage, plenty of shelves, compartments and much more. The handles of the box are smooth, can weather any climatic conditions and is made out of anti-rust elements thanks to the IP 65 waterproof material build making it the best toolbox to buy online.
While those were our picks, we are intrigued by your choices and interests. Did you like our list? Or do you want us to add or remove anything from the list? If so, feel free to write to us in the comments section below and our team will write back to you as soon as possible.