|Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers||Floor Area||Removal Rating||Warranty|
|TaoTronics Dehumidifier with Pump 50 Pint||4500 Square Feet||70 Pints per day||1-year warranty|
|hysure Portable Mini Dehumidifier 2200||2200 Square Feet||300ml per day||1-year warranty|
|Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier, 70 Pint||2200 Square Feet||70 Pints per day||5-year warranty|
|ALORAIR Basement/Crawl Space Dehumidifiers||1300 Square Feet||55 Pints per day||5-year warranty|
|Corlitec Dehumidifier for Home and Basements||1500 Square Feet||25 Pints per day||1-year warranty|
|Ivation 13-Pint Small-Area Desiccant Dehumidifier||270 Square Feet||13 Pints per day||1-year warranty|
|COLZER 212 Pints Crawl Space Commercial Dehumidifier||8000 Square Feet||212 Pints per day||2-year warranty|
|Santa Fe Compact70 Dehumidifier||2300 Square Feet||70 Pints per day||6-year warranty|
|hysure Portable Mini Dehumidifier||20 Square Meters||300ml per day||1-year warranty|
|Aprilaire – 1830Z 1830 Pro Dehumidifier||3800 Square Feet||70 Pints per day||5-year warranty|
Due to the enclosed conditions of any crawl space, it is obvious that the area has poor ventilation. In that case, the growth of mold in the crawl space because of moisture is quite common. However, it’s a bad sign as the mold can spread very quickly.
But, it can be easily avoided if you use a dehumidifier and tackle the situation. Thus, we have already picked up some of the best crawl space dehumidifiers, which are listed below. But, there are a few things to remember before you pick a crawl space dehumidifier for your home:
- Floor Area: All the crawl space dehumidifiers come with a floor area rating that basically tells you how much area is covered by the machine. Depending on the size of the crawl area under your house, you can choose between multiple options ideal for 300 sq. ft. to 8000 sq. ft.
- Pint Rating: The pint rating associated with the dehumidifiers tells you about how much moisture is being removed by the machine per day. While the entry-level options can remove around 10-50 pints per day, some powerful dehumidifiers are even capable of removing up to 70-200 pints per day easily.
- Tank Capacity: Most dehumidifiers either use a drain pipe, whereas some have their in-built tanks for storing the wastewater. Hence, if you don’t want to waste time emptying the tank frequently, you should look for an option that has a bigger tank capacity.
Apart from these few factors, there are a few more important things that you should check before buying a crawl space dehumidifier. If you are curious to know, then you should check out the detailed “Buying Guide” that is given below in this article. Now, let’s take a look at the list and help you find the best crawl space dehumidifier.
Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers in 2021
Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers in 2021: Reviews
TaoTronics is one of the top brands when it comes to dehumidifiers. You will find all of its offerings quite attractive and worth every penny, including this option as well.
The design and build quality of this dehumidifier made it in 1st position in this listicle. The TaoTronics Dehumidifier is the perfect option for you if you have a large-sized home since it can cover up to 4500 sq. ft. area and can pump out up to 50 pints per day. That said, it’s a perfect option for basements as well as crawl spaces also. Since the size of this humidifier is pretty big, the castor wheels at the bottom provide you with easy maneuverability.
Using it indoors is not at all a bad decision as it can smartly maintain the indoor humidity to comfortable 45%-55% levels, thanks to its in-built temperature sensor. The capacity of its tank is about 6L, which is quite decent as well. In fact, with the push of a single button, it can drain it out on its own through the drain pipe. Apart from that, it also features an Auto On/Off Timer function that allows you to schedule its working time.
- Ideal for spaces up to 4500sq.ft.
- Has a 6L tank capacity
- Removes up to 50 pints per day
- Caster wheels for easy maneuverability
- In-built temperature sensor
- Smartly maintains indoor humidity at 45%-55% levels
- Has an Auto On/Off Timer function
- Easy to use
- Fairly large tank capacity
- Highly durable and stylish design
If you are in search of an affordable and portable dehumidifier, hysure can be the best brand choice for you in that case.
The hysure Portable Mini Dehumidifier is in the 2nd position in this list because it comes for an incredibly affordable price and does its job pretty well. Looking at its small size, it’s a better option to use in spaces up to 10-20 square meters in area. This portable dehumidifier is our favorite because of its quiet operation and is highly flexible in application. It’s an ideal option to use in crawl spaces, bathroom, RV, garage, etc as it removes humidity up to 300ml/day.
Since it’s highly portable, it also has a detachable water tank that can store up to 500ml of water which is quite decent looking at its 300ml/day removal rating. Apart from that, it automatically shuts off when the tank gets full. In addition, the hysure Portable Mini Dehumidifier has a very low power consumption which makes it one of the best options for budget-oriented customers. The brand also provides a 1-year warranty for this dehumidifier which is great.
- Ideal for 10-20 square meters space
- 300ml/day humidity removal rating
- Comes with a detachable 500ml water tank
- Automatically shuts off when tank get full
- Comes with 1-year long warranty
- Great for small spaces
- Highly portable
- Quiet operation
When it comes to offering heavy-duty dehumidifiers for commercial use, Aprilaire is the brand that you can trust since it’s been here in the market for quite a long time now.
We are putting this option in the 3rd position in this list since Aprilaire 1820 Pro is the best heavy-duty commercial dehumidifier that you can find in the market right now. Although it is a bit expensive, it’s popular because of its high 70 pints (9 gallons) per day humidity removal capacity. Moreover, the floor area rating of this dehumidifier is about 2800 sq.ft.; hence, it’s an ideal option for large-size crawl spaces, basements, etc.
Since it’s designed and built with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, it will keep serving you for years without an issue. It helps prevent mold growth, termites, foul smell, etc., by keeping the overall humidity levels below 60%. Despite being a heavy-duty machine, it is itself very compact as it does not come with an in-built storage tank. All you need to do is connect the hose to a drain for continuous extraction of water.
- Floor Area rating up to 2800 sq. ft.
- Removes up to 70 pints per day
- Maintains humidity levels below 60%
- Built with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils
- Works in continuous operation mode
- The package has all the necessary accessories
- Continuous drainage
- One-time installation
- Compact in size
Commercial Dehumidifiers come with a heavy price tag; however, that’s not the case with ALORAIR, as this brand loves offering value-for-money products to its customers.
We are discussing the Alorair Sentinel HD55 commercial dehumidifier, which is essentially designed to be used in crawl spaces, basements of floor area up to 1300sq.ft. That said, it also has a great humidity removal rating of 55 pints per day tested at AHAM conditions. Although the upper temperature of this unit is mentioned to be 104 degrees Fahrenheit, it can also work flawlessly in low-temperature conditions at around 36 degrees Fahrenheit. In such cool conditions, there’s a high chance of frost build-up on coils which is greatly tackled by the automatic defrost function of this dehumidifier.
The unit is pretty compact in size and comes with two handles on the top as well that are quite helpful in lifting this up. The package contains all the necessary installation equipment, including a pretty long drain hose as well. The dehumidifier is even Energy Star listed and consumes quite low power. Apart from that, Alorair offers a 5-year long warranty for this dehumidifier which is way better than the competition.
- Ideal for floor area up to 1300sq.ft.
- Removes up to 55 pints per day
- Can work in 104 degrees Fahrenheit conditions
- Has an automatic defrost function
- Energy Star listed dehumidifier
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- High and Low-temperature operation
- Comes with a long-sized drain hose pipe
Next up on this list, we would like to mention a very premium and value-for-money dehumidifier from Corlitec, which is a great option if you are looking for advanced features.
The way Corlitec has priced this dehumidifier is quite good, as the features justify it pretty well. The design and build quality of the product are stylish and premium. Although it’s rated to remove 25 pints per day, if the conditions are 90°F, 90% RH, it can do a lot better up to 30 pints per day as well. This dehumidifier is actually very power-saving and is also an ideal option to use for crawl spaces up to 1500 sq. ft. area. A special quality of this dehumidifier is that it’s very quiet and won’t disturb you even if you leave this on in the night.
The digital display of the dehumidifier shows your real-time updates about the moisture levels, and also allows you to adjust the settings. There’s a ring LED light at the front that glows in blue, green, and red color to indicate the humidity levels. Once the humidity levels come under control, the dehumidifier auto shuts off to save power, and auto-restarts whenever needed. It has a small tank with 0.53-gallon capacity, but it comes with a drainage pipe that can continuously keep emptying the tank. Apart from that, it also has 360° rotatable wheels that will help you move it around easily. In case you want to dry cloth indoors, you can set it to the Cloth Drying mode as well.
- Ideal for areas up to 1500 sq. ft.
- Removes up to 25 pints per day
- Comes with a tank of 0.53-gallon capacity
- Auto-shuts off when the tank gets full reaches the designated humidity level
- Humidity Indicator ring LED Light
- Cloth Drying Mode
- Digital display for real-time monitoring and control
- Features 360° rotatable wheels
- Can be used in continuous drainage mode
- Highly premium design and features
- Attractive pricing
- Tank capacity could be more
Ivation offers a wide range of good dehumidifier options, especially if you are looking for a portable one.
This dehumidifier option from Ivation is perfectly ideal for small spaces, crawl spaces, bathrooms as it efficiently removes moisture, odors from the air, even in the cold seasons. The overall size of the dehumidifier is quite compact, so it’s very lightweight and easy to carry. However, don’t judge it by its size as it is a powerful dehumidifier capable of removing up to 13 pints per day from floor spaces up to 270sq.ft. It’s quite a hefty product as it can perform in adverse temperature conditions from 33°F to 104°F.
On top of it, you get a sleek and user-friendly digital display that lets you monitor and control its settings effortlessly. You can even adjust the humidity levels as per your likings, and also play around with the fan speed. Apart from that, it does come with Timer/Sleep mode as well. Being a small and compact dehumidifier, it only has a 0.5gallon tank capacity. However, you can use the connection hose for continuous drainage as well.
- Ideal for crawl spaces up to 270sq.ft.
- Can remove up to 13 pints per day
- Compact and Lightweight
- Works good at 33°F to 104°F
- Comes with a digital display control panel
- Adjustable Fan Speed
- 5-gallon water tank capacity
- Ideal for congested and small spaces
- Very lightweight and easy to carry
- Offers dual-drainage options
For a significantly larger area like a hotel, or construction site, you will need a heavy-duty commercial dehumidifier like the one offered by Colzer, which we are discussing now.
It is by far the most powerful and most expensive dehumidifier on the list since it can remove humidity up to 212 pints per day (in saturated conditions) which is way more than any other dehumidifier on this list. The unit is fairly large in size, but handles are given on the top for carrying it, which is a good sign. Speaking of its power, it boasts heavy-duty fans that run at almost 353CFM and allows it to cover large spaces up to 8000 sq. ft.
The good fact about this dehumidifier is that it comes with a 16-foot long drain hose pipe which is already present in the package, so there’s no need to buy one separately. Other than that, it allows you to set the desired humidity levels by yourself, and auto-cycles On/Off for maintaining the humidity levels all the time. In addition, the auto drain, auto defrost functions of this dehumidifier make your life even easier. After a power outage, it’s even capable of auto restart and set back to the previous settings, and start working again.
- Removes up to 212 pints per day (in saturated conditions)
- 353CFM air flow rate
- Ideal for large spaces up to 8000 sq. ft.
- Has an Auto Drain and Auto Defrost function
- Has an Auto Restart function
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Incredibly powerful
- Highly durable and long-lasting
- Installation is easy
In case you are looking for a highly durable and reliable commercial dehumidifier for your home, you should check out offerings from Santa Fe.
The Santa Fe Compact70 Dehumidifier is perfect for crawl spaces as it has the strong build quality and is very compact as well. The price of this dehumidifier might not impress all, but the features definitely do. It has an amazing pint capacity of removing up to 70 pints per day in saturated conditions, which is great. On the other hand, it also has an efficient power-saving mode that can remove 47 pints per day as well.
Apart from that, it can be used in very tightly sealed spaces up to 3000 sq. ft in area. There’s no in-built tank in this unit since it’s not at all designed for portable purposes. Since it operates on continuous drainage mode, a drain pipe is required for that you can purchase according to the size you require. In fact, the overall operation of this dehumidifier is pretty quiet and efficient. One good fact about it is that it is covered under a 6 year long manufacturer’s warranty.
- Can remove up to 70 pints per day
- 47 pints per day removal at efficient setting
- Ideal for spaces up to 3000sq.ft.
- Uses continuous drainage system
- Comes with a 6-year long warranty
- Quiet and Efficient
- Easy to use
- Very Durable
- No accessories included in the package
Hysure is one such brand that has specialized in providing portable and handy dehumidifiers ideal for small spaces such as RVs, small crawl spaces, kitchen, etc.
The main highlight about this dehumidifier is its pricing as it is too attractive and affordable, one cannot resist buying one for their home. Since the size of this humidifier is pretty small, you can easily carry it and use it wherever you want. However, it’s not too powerful as it can only remove up to 300ml/day, that too from an area up to 20 square meters. That said, if you are looking for a dehumidifier to use in your kitchen or garage, it’s a great dehumidifier to spend your money on. It works best in optimum temperature conditions of around 86 Fahrenheit and RH 80% environment.
Apart from that, we are a huge admirer of its 28dB low noise operation, which makes it highly usable indoors as well. In fact, this mini dehumidifier comes with a tank capacity of 0.5 gallons as well. After the tank gets full, the auto shut-off feature of this dehumidifier automatically stops it to prevent spillage. Apart from that, it’s Energy Star rated product, so you can believe it’s highly power-efficient and eco-friendly.
- Ideal for 10-20 square meters space
- 300ml/day humidity removal rating
- Comes with a detachable 500ml water tank
- Automatically shuts off when tank gets full
- Comes with 1-year long warranty
- Affordable pricing
- Low noise operation
- Power saving and eco-friendly
To end this list, we have yet another incredible commercial dehumidifier option from Aprilaire, which is even more powerful than the previous Aprilaire dehumidifier we discussed before.
The Aprilaire – 1830Z 1830 Pro Dehumidifier one of the top-of-the-line offerings from the brand, which is designed and built to work for floor spaces up to 3800sq.ft. However, like the other model, it also has a humidity removal rating of 70 pints per day which could have been a little more looking at its price. No matter what, Aprilaire never compromises on the build quality of their products as this one also comes with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils.
This dehumidifier is highly specialized to maintain humidity levels below 60% to keep the environment fresh at all times. It does not have any messy water tray or tank as it uses a continuous drainage system. Using it is pretty easy too, as all you need to do is plug it in and start. All the equipment and accessories are already included in the box; however, there’s no drainpipe offered together with the package, which is quite unfortunate.
- Ideal for floor spaces up to 3800sq.ft.
- Removes up to 70 pints per day
- Has corrosion-resistant aluminum coils
- Can maintain humidity levels below 60%
- Uses continuous drainage system
- A good option for large-area applications
- Comes with mounting accessories
- Highly powerful dehumidifier
- Drain hose not included in the package
Buying Guide for the Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers
Although we have already mentioned so many good dehumidifier options for crawl space in this article for you. If you are buying such a product for the first time, we suggest you go through this detailed buying guide once. This guide will help you know about all the important facts and aspects that an individual should check or consider before buying a new dehumidifier from the market. Hence, without wasting any more time, let’s discuss the considerable things right away.
The first thing that you should always check before buying a dehumidifier is the floor area supported by the machine. All the dehumidifiers come with a specific floor area rating like 1500sq.ft., 3000sq.ft., 4500sq.ft., etc. Hence, depending on the area of your house, you should pick the options that can effectively work for your house’s crawl space.
The next thing that you should pay attention to is the Pint rating or the humidity removal rating of the dehumidifier. It is basically the count or measurement of water that a dehumidifier can remove from the air in a whole day. Depending on how worse the situation is, you should pick the dehumidifier for your home. If the environment is too humid, a dehumidifier capable of removing up to 70 pints per day or more is preferable. However, if you are looking for a dehumidifier for casually using indoors, the entry-level options having ratings around 10-50 pints are not a bad choice to pick.
Since the dehumidifiers take in air and do the job of extracting water from it, the water gets stored into the dehumidifier’s in-built tanks. In that case, once the tank gets full, most dehumidifiers stop working until you empty the tank and pour the water out from it. Well, if the dehumidifier has a small tank, it will fill up faster, and you will have to keep emptying it from time to time.
That’s not feasible at all; that’s why you should pick the options that come with a fairly large tank capacity or should have a continuous drainage system so that you don’t have to worry about such things. Generally, the machines with tank capacity more than their humidity removal rating are a good option to pick as the tank won’t get full in an entire day of usage.
Controls and features offered by a dehumidifier are yet another important things to check. Most of the dehumidifiers that are suitable for indoor use come with plenty of controls like humidity control, which allows you to set the dehumidifier to do its job until a designated humidity level is not reached. Apart from that, other features that you can look for are Fan speed, Timer, Auto On/Off features, and more.
Fan Speed and Noise
Not all the brands out there mention the fan speed of their dehumidifiers, but it is still a considerable factor to check as it directly corresponds to the noise. It is obvious that a fan running at 150CFM will surely perform better than a 100CFM fan, but it is also true that it will make more noise as well. In case you want to keep the dehumidifier running all day and night, a noisy dehumidifier will not be a good choice to pick. Instead, look for quieter options that have below 40dB or 50dB noise ratings to have the best experience possible.
Dehumidifiers only work and condense water properly when the temperature conditions are favorable for them. That is why not all the dehumidifiers are the same, and some heavy-duty ones cost so much. All the dehumidifiers have their own operable temperature limits mentioned in the specifications generally. Hence, depending on the environment and climate in your region, you should pick a dehumidifier accordingly.
In most cases, all the dehumidifier brands out there offer either a 1 year long or 2-year long warranty for their products. However, if you are planning to get a commercial dehumidifier for your home, some brands even offer up to 5-year warranty as well. However, it’s important to check what parts of the dehumidifier are covered under the warranty as some brands offer different warranty periods for different parts like condensers, coils, etc.
By far, we have shown you all the best dehumidifier options available out there that you can use at crawl spaces. On the other hand, since we have also included a detailed buying guide for the reader, you can choose the right dehumidifier for yourself from the list effortlessly. However, in case you are wondering about our top picks from this list, here are our personal recommendations for you:
- First of all, the TaoTronics Dehumidifier with Pump is the best value for money option in this list since it is available for very attractive pricing. It can cover crawl spaces up to 4500sq.ft. and remove up to 50 pints of water in a single day. Apart from that, it has a lot of advanced features and a really stylish design that makes you not bother using it indoors.
- In case you are looking for a portable and handy dehumidifier that is ideal for small spaces like crawl space, kitchen, RV, or garage, the hysure Portable Mini Dehumidifier is rated to remove up to 300ml per day from an area up to 10-20 square meters. Apart from that, it also has a 0.5-gallon tank and works wonderfully without making any noise.
- On the other hand, in case you want to get a commercial dehumidifier, the Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier is capable of removing up to 70 pints per day from a crawl space up to 2800sq.ft. in area. Apart from that, you get a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer for this dehumidifier which makes it one of the best options to spend your money on.