“Here You Can Find Best Electric Lawn Mowers for Every Budget”
With electric lawn mowers, maintaining your yard/lawn is no longer a tiresome chore.
They are perfect for mowing small to medium lawns. Compared to gas lawn mowers, they eco-friendly, noiseless and affordable as well.
If you think electric lawn mower is the right choice for you, then consider the below factors to make an informed decision.
1. Types – There are two types of electric lawnmowers – corded and cordless.
- Corded mowers run on electricity and are less expensive and less convenient yet efficient.
- Cordless mowers run on battery and convenient to use anywhere but runtime depends on battery charging.
You have to choose as per your convenience and requirement.
2. Deck Size
It represents the area covered by the lawn mower in a single pass. Higher deck size means, you can mow the lawn within few passes. However, they need more storage space. Small deck sizes take more time to mow the lawn. So, it is recommended to go for standard sizes between 15 to 20 inches.
3. Motor Power
It determines how fast the blades will spin and how strong they cut the rough grass. So, based on your terrain size and grass type, you can go for either higher or standard motor power.
Apart from these key factors, we recommend you to go through the “Buying Guide”, which has all the essential information required to pick the right electric lawn mower. Based on the same factors, we have provided the Best Electric Lawn Mowers.
Best 9 Electric Lawn Mowers for Garden
This electric lawn mower is a 3 in 1 gardening equipment that allows you to mulch, side discharge, and rear bag. It runs on a powerful 12 amp motor and has 20 inches cutting width that will make short work of your lawn maintenance needs. The electric lawn mower is perfect for mid-sized yards and lawns.
You can start the lawn mower by simply pressing the start button. Depending on the length of the grass, you can set the height of the cutting blade from 7 different height adjustment positions. You can select a height between 1.5 inches and 3.75 inches.
It has 10-inch wheels in the back and 7-inch wheels in the front. They allow you to maneuver the mower without any discomfort. When not in use, you can fold the handles and store in conveniently. The deck is made of steel which makes it very durable.
One of the major drawbacks of this lawn mower is that it does not have automatic operation. You have to manually maneuver it.
Greenworks’ offers a 4 years warranty on this electric lawn mower from the date of purchase.
- Unlimited run time
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Cutting blade height can be changed
- Easy to start
- Cord limits the distance
- No automatic mode of operation
The lawn mower offers you a run time of 80 minutes on a single charge to mulch, bag, and side charge. If you want to increase the run time, you can use an extra battery. It has a 21 inches cutting blade which allows you to complete the cutting tasks quickly.
The lawn mower is powered by an efficient brushless motor that gives you a quiet operation. It is self-propelled and comes with variable speed. You can choose a speed between 0.9mph to 3.1mph depending on the size of your lawn. On top of this, you get 6 cutting height adjustment positions.
The lawn mower comes with integrated LED lights. So, you will be able to use it even during dark hours. You can also adjust the height of the handle to suit your convenience.
What we don’t like about this lawn mower is that it does not come with a dust bag to store the cut grass. Besides, the brand provides a 5 year warranty.
- Large 21 inches cutting blade for faster cutting
- Runs for 80 minutes
- Variable speed – 0.9mph to 3.1mph
- 6 cutting height adjustment
- Built-in LED lights
Sun Joe’s electric lawn mower is compact and lightweight with only 29 lbs. The lawn mower is designed for smaller lawns/yards and to be easily maneuverable in tight spaces. The 14 inches durable steel blade will take care of the cutting tasks.
You can start the lawn mower by just pushing the start button. It offers you 3 height control positions from 1.18 inches to 2.52 inches. The heavy-duty wheels allow you to move the lawn mower smoothly even in rough terrains.
As it comes with an electric cord, you will never run out of power. Once you are done you can fold the handle and store it.
The lawn mower comes with a detachable grass catcher that collects all the grass clippings. Once the 10.6 gallon bag becomes full, you can remove it and dispose of the grass.
The lawn mower is only suitable for small-sized yards. The blade size is small and the cord restricts the movement of the mower. Besides, it is incredibly difficult to cut grass grown over 6 inches high using this mower.
Sun Joe backs this electric lawn mower with a 2 years warranty.
- 3 height control positions
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to start
- Easily maneuverable in tight spaces
- 10.6-gallon detachable bag for collecting grass clippings
- Not suitable for medium or large lawns
- Difficult to cut grass over 6 inches high
American Lawn Mower has over 125 years of experience in developing gardening tools that are reliable and meet consumer needs. The brand focuses on designing planet-conscious products that contribute to a greener environment.
The corded electric mower runs on a 11 amp motor to cut grass and maintain uniform grass length in your lawn. The mower runs quietly without producing any noise. The decent blade size of 14 inches cuts large areas of grass in a single stride. Depending on the grass length, you can adjust the cutting length between the range of 1 to 2.5 inches.
The lawn mower is lightweight at only 25.6 lbs. Besides, it is compact and has a slim body frame. You can easily carry it to your porch from your lawn.
The handle uses a cushion grip so that you won’t feel any fatigue. You can also adjust the height of the handle to suit your convenience. The 16 gallons grass bag collects the grass clippings and you can dispose of it.
The lawn mower lags in power and the 11 amps motor can not deliver enough power to cut grasses over 5 inches high. Also, the mower is not durable. You have to be careful not to hit a rock or while mowing in rugged surfaces.
The lawn mower is backed by a 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.
- 5-position height adjustment options
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Lightweight with only 25.6 lbs
- Adjustable handle with cushioned handle
- 16 gallons detachable grass clippings storage bag
- 2 years warranty
- Motor is not powerful and can not cut tall grass
- Not made of durable materials
The brushless motor offers an rpm of 2,500 to 3,300 that allows you to cut grass faster. The lawn mower has a Quiet mode that reduces noise by controlling the rpm and delivering a steady rpm of 2,500.
For cutting grasses and maintaining a uniform height, you can choose a length from 10 different cutting heights. The cutting height ranges from 13/16 inches – 2 15/16 inches.
The lawn mower is powered by a battery and hence you can move it freely without being limited by a cord. When you use two 5Ah batteries, you can cut grasses of up to 7,300 square feet area. After using, you can fold the handle and store it conveniently. You also get a 16 gallons grass collector with this lawn mower.
The electric lawn mower has an 18 inches heavy duty steel deck that can operate in rugged surfaces without sustaining damage. On top of this, it has a weather-resistant construction. Even if you leave it out, it can withstand harsh temperatures.
While the lawn mower is suitable for clearing large areas of grass, you can not use it in narrow areas such as pathways. Besides, the blades extend beyond the wheels that makes it difficult to maneuver. The absence of an adjustable handle does not support the cause either.
There is no mention of warranty on the product page. But, according to the brand’s official website, all battery-operated power tools come with 3 years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- 18 inches cutting blade clears large areas of grass
- 10 cutting height adjustment positions
- Cuts 7,500 sq. ft. area on a single charge
- Dedicated quiet mode to reduce noise
- Durable and weather resistant
- 16 gallons grass collector bag
- 3 years warranty
- Difficult to maneuver
- Handle can not be adjusted
- Can not cut grass in narrow areas
Tacklife is a reliable brand that specializes in developing innovative solutions to meet everyday needs of consumers. Some of its popular products include automotive, power tools, hand tools, home appliances, and lawn maintenance equipment.
Tacklife’s lawn mower is powered by a 40V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery that gives you more than 30 mins of run time on a full charge. Using this capacity, you can mow up to 2,400 sq. ft. continuously. The lawn mower is ideal for small to medium-sized laws.
The lawn mower uses a brushless motor that makes the operation quiet. It will only emit a low noise of 96 db. So, you do not have to worry about disturbing your family or neighbors.
The 16 inches blade allows you to cut a decent area of grass on a single stroll. You can adjust the height of the cutting blade from 1 inches to 3 inches with a single lever depending on the height of the grass you want.
The lawn mower is lightweight and measures only 33lbs. If this does not increase your convenience, you can adjust the height of the handle from 3 different height-adjustment positions. When storing it, you can fold the handle and store it vertically. The 50l detachable bag will collect almost 95% of the grass clippings so that you do not have to use a blower separately to clear them.
While the brand claims the battery lasts for 30 minutes, several users have reported that it only lasts for 10 to 20 mins. You also do not get an extra set of batteries. The brand’s customer service is not very responsive and there has been no mention of warranty on the product page or on the brand’s official website.
- Powered by a 40V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery
- Uses 16 inches blade
- Runs for 30 minutes
- Can mow up to 2,400 sq. ft. area
- 6 adjustable height cutting positions
- Lightweight with only 33lbs
- 50l detachable bag for collecting grass
- Battery is not reliable
- No extra set of batteries
- Unresponsive customer service and no mention of warranty
Snapper is one of the leading brands in developing yard maintenance tools that are easy to use and operate. Some of its popular products are leaf blowers, walk mowers, riding tractors, string trimmers, and hedge trimmers.
Snapper’s electric lawn mower is powered by 2 82V lithium ion batteries that give you up to 90 minutes of run time. Coupled with the 19 inches blade, the electric lawn mower will make short work of your yard maintenance tasks. It has a 3-in-1 function that allows you to mulch, bag, and side-discharge the grass clippings.
The lawn mower comes with a load-sensing technology using which it automatically adjusts the mower depending on the demand of the cutting blade. It features the standard push-start button that makes it easier to start.
You get 7 different cutting height adjustments with this lawn mower to choose the height of the grass in your yard. The lawn mower will cut the grass uniformly depending on the height you have selected.
There is a large grass bagger to collect up to 2.1 cubic feet of grass clippings. Once you are done with it, you can fold the mower and store it in compact space.
One of the major disadvantages of this lawn mower is that it is quite heavy. The weight increases when you use two batteries. This makes it difficult to maneuver the lawn mower, especially in tight spaces. Besides, the brand’s customer service is poor and it is difficult to find authorized repair stores.
- Powered by 82V lithium-ion battery
- Uses 19 inches blade for large clearing
- 90 minutes of run time
- 3-in-1 function
- 7 cutting height adjustments
- Easy push-start button
- Load-sensing technology for automatic power adjustment
- Grass bagger with 2.1 cubic feet capacity
- Heavy and difficult to maneuver
- Warranty is not specified
- Poor customer service and difficult to find authorized repair centers
Black+Decker is a popular brand of power tools and small appliances that has been selling reliable products since 1843. The brand strives to create practical and meaningful products to make life easier.
Black+Decker has used a 10 amp motor to drive a 15-inch blade for powering through the grass. The blade has a winged design that allows you to collect 30 percent more grass clippings than other lawn mowers. This saves you from the extra work of blowing or side-discharging the grass clippings.
The handle of this lawn mower has a bike-handle design with a soft grip so you can maneuver the lawn mower effortlessly. Besides, the lawn mower is lightweight with only 7 lbs that allows you to maneuver it in tight spaces without any difficulty.
Like most electric lawn mowers, it comes with the push button to get the motor running. There are 6 adjustable cutting heights you can choose from. With these height options, you can cut the grass ranging within heights of 1 inch to 3 inches.
The wheel treads are rugged and can ride smoothly in rough terrains. You will not feel the vibration. The lawn mower allows you to fold it for compact storage.
What we don’t like about this lawn mower is that the grass clippings do not enter the collector bag. The grass clippings get clogged in the holes and fly away everywhere. Also, the cord is loosely connected to the power outlet and disconnects when the mower is maneuvered .
- Uses 10 Amp motor
- Uses 15 inches blade
- Winged blade design collects more glass clippings
- 6 adjustable cutting heights
- Lightweight with only 7 lbs
- Foldable for compact storage
- Comes with collector bag for grass clippings
- Rugged wheel treads
- Grass clippings get clogged
- Cord gets disconnected frequently
LawnMaster leverages innovative engineering designs and motor technologies to develop solutions for lawn maintenance. LawnMaster’s lawn mowers come with comfort grips and forward-thinking design to make lawn maintenance easier for the end users.
LawnMaster’s electric lawn mower runs on a powerful 12Amp motor that delivers up to 3,600 rpm. Along with this speed and the 19 inches cutting blade, you can clear large areas of grass on a single stroll with zero effort. The lawn mower offers a 2-in-1 function using which you can mulch and side-discharge the grass clippings.
The cutting blade has 6 adjustable height positions. You can cut the grass to a height of 1.5 to 4 inches by adjusting the height of the cutting blade. There is a one-touch height adjustment lever to choose the desired height. The cutting blade locks in position and your yard will have grass of uniform height.
With the easy push button and brushless motor, the lawn mower practically runs itself. There is no maintenance involved.
Even though the lawn mower weighs 35 lbs, you can effortlessly maneuver it. The wheels are 6.7 inches in size and further help in moving the lawn mower easily even in tough grass and rough terrains. The handle is foldable allowing you to fit the lawn mower in tight spaces.
One of the major downfalls of this lawn mower is that it does not have a very durable construction. Some users have complained of oil leakage and the plastic flap located on the back of the mower deck getting damaged.
- Runs on a powerful 12Amp motor
- Delivers up to 3,600 rpm
- Uses 19 inches cutting blade
- 6-adjustable height positions for cutting blade
- Cuts grass up to 1.5 to 4 inches
- One-touch height adjustment lever
- Easy to maneuver
- Foldable handle
- Weighs 35 lbs
- Does not have durable construction
- Oil leakage
How to Choose an Electric Lawn Mower?
It would be really frustrating to invest in a model that doesn’t suit the requirements. To prevent wasting your money on a wrong model, we recommend considering the factors mentioned in this buying guide. This information helps you shortlist the right model as per your needs.
1. Corded Vs Cordless Mowers:
Electric lawn mowers are available in both corded (plug-in) and cordless (battery-powered) models.
Corded Electric Lawnmowers – Here, the mower will run by drawing power continuously from an outlet and thereby its mowing power won’t reduce with battery charging. It is the best option for mowing small lawns or lawn with thick grass. Though it is less expensive yet less convenient/comfortable to use because of its power cord and its extensions. Its power cord will let you know how far you can mow.
Cordless Electric Lawnmowers – The battery-powered mower is used anywhere a lawn requires cutting. It is the best option for mowing larger yards or lawn full of trees. In general, the battery runtime will be 30 – 60 minutes and has to be recharged. The drawback is its battery charging, as mowing power reduces when the battery level gets low. It’s worth investing in a second battery to continue your mowing process when the first one runs down.
2. Push Vs Self-Propelled:
Based on its movement (manoeuvrability), electric lawnmowers are available in two types – Push type and Self-propelled lawn mower. Let’s know about them in detail.
- Self-Propelled Electric Mower
Are you concerned with tiredness (or) your lawn having thick grass or turf, which need extra force to cut through? Then this self-propelled mower will be your best companion. It is equipped with a motor that makes it work great for larger lawns or lawns with thick grass/weeds. You won’t require any physical effort, as the motor generators power to move the mower. It is a bit expensive than push-powered models.
- Push-Powered Electric Mower
It is the best option while dealing with smaller lawns or lawns with thinner grass. Choosing the best-corded push lawn mower is affordable and offers less maintenance, but you have to push it forward to move the mower, which includes most physical efforts and may result in back or leg strains for aged people.
3. Deck Size & Cutting Swath:
A general rule for proper mowing is – deck size should equate to the width of its cutting swath. So, a mower with a big deck will cut a more significant path in every pass and thereby mow the lawn in a few passes. Thus, it saves your mowing time and the power of your mower.
A bigger deck works best on thicker grass and offers you an extra smooth cut than a small deck. In case, if you have a push type with a big deck, then it is hard to push the mower. Also, doing some extra work may have a chance of quick battery exhaust. Remember, unlike a small mower, it is not easy to store a big mower. So, the bigger the mower, the more room it occupies to store in a garage.
Most experts recommend to buy an electric mower with either a too big or too small deck for your lawn. The standard size of a deck for an electric mower should be 15 – 20 inches.
4. Motor Power:
Always choose the electric mower with enough energy/power to mow the thicker and taller grass. Or else whatever features it has, everything will go into vain.
So, the motor size will let you know how fast your mower blade will spin and how strong it can cut against the rough grass. The motor power is measured in terms of Amps. We recommend you choose a mower’s motor power based on the grass type and lawn sizes.
- For a bigger lawn or thick/tall grass, use a mower with a 12-amp motor
- To manage a small lawn with short grass, go with a mower having 8-to-10-amp motor power.
5. Height Adjustment:
No one wants to trim the grass too short, as they turn to brown or die, and don’t try to cut tall grass with a mower, which is low to ground. So, a height adjustment is an essential feature to check in all types of mowers, including this electric one.
In general, most manufacturers offer mowers with multiple cutting width adjustment settings. You can choose a mower with 3 – 4 height adjustment settings that will provide great flexibility to work well on any type of grass, and in any kind of terrain conditions.
6. Discharge Settings:
Modern mowers come with a grass management system, which includes various features like mulching, bagging and side discharging for the grass they cut.
- Bagging – Collect the grass clippings into the bag for disposal (or) mulching.
- Mulching – Helps to turn grass clippings into natural fertilizer and give back your yard.
- Side Discharge – It scatters the grass cuttings on the side while mowing, which you have to clean up later.
This grass discharge system is not found in traditional mowers. Not having a grass-catching bag, which makes you sweep all those grass clippings (thrown out through the sides of the mower) later to keep your yard clean.
So, a mower with a grass management system will be your best choice, as it prevents the stress of the later clean-up process after mowing. These are a bit expensive, yet worth investing in to manage your grass clippings effectively.
7. Mower Size and Width:
Usually, a large mower will have a large deck. As we all know that, a large and heavier mower is a bit harder to push & maneuver, especially, if you have a small lawn or thicker grass. We spend some quality time with these mowing activities. So, choose a mower that is comfortable and easy to use.
Weight is an essential factor to consider while shopping for these types of consumer machines. The reason is that we will spend some time dragging this mower around and no one wants to strain their hands and back.
A lightweight mower is easy to use/maneuver and also it is easy to store in a garage/shed. While heavier mowers are more difficult to maneuver and also takes up a lot of space for their storage. But these electric lawnmowers are compact (size) and not having a gas engine will make them lighter than gas-powered or traditional mowers.
So, one can easily carry this lighter electric mower around. In case, if you’re using a cordless mower, then the left-over charging in the battery will let you take it back to the garage in the middle for its charging.
9. Cord Size:
One has to consider this option while planning to purchase a corded electric mower. It is a must to buy the extension cords to use the corded mower effectively and effortlessly. Here, the lawn radius will determine the length of extension cords to use for mowing your yard.
For small-medium yards, the cord length will be from 50 – 100 feet with a thickness of 12 – 14 gauge, whereas it would be more for bigger yards. Choosing a high-rated extension cord will assist you properly in mowing the lawn. Though this rating will depend mainly on the wire size and the number of amperes. This indicates thicker wires ensure more power supply through the cord.
One has to consider this option while shopping for a cordless battery-powered mower. Here the voltage describes the strength of the battery. A mower with a higher voltage can easily handle even difficult tasks, but mowers with high-voltage batteries are heavier and expensive. On average, the battery range used to power a cordless mower will be 20 – 82 volts. High voltage batteries will generate more power and offer extra torque for more cutting power through dense grass.
11. Battery – Performance and Charge Time:
The runtime and charging time of a battery are vital to consider while choosing a cordless mower. Let’s know about them.
Battery Runtime – The runtime of most batteries will be from 30 – 60 minutes and one has to consider their lawn size and terrain type to choose a mower with a proper runtime. For instance, a mower with a 30 minutes battery will work fine for small yards. While the runtime will be more for larger or complicated lawns.
Charging Time – Another feature to estimate the battery’s quality. Usually, a few batteries regain their full charge within 30 minutes, whereas others may take a bit longer than 3 hours to charge fully. In case, a battery with a long charge time won’t matter much while trimming the whole lawn in one go. If the battery takes more than 1 charge cycle, then these three hours can get deadly fast.
The manufacturers of an electric lawnmower consider this mower as a single piece of equipment. They manufacture battery to be compatible with various other equipment. So, check for the other devices available (like chainsaws, string trimmers, leaf blowers, etc.) from the same manufacturer, which is compatible with this battery.
We want to use the machine for a longer time without any issues. So, be sure that a mower from the engine to the wheels, everything should be made of top-notch quality. This will ensure that your machine will work for many years. Also, read the customer reviews and ratings on a particular mower before buying it, to know about its quality and durability.
14. Safety Features:
Mostly the safety issues arise while using an electric corded mower. Since electricity passes through the cord, it should be heavy to provide safety. The corded mower is safe to use when handled properly and having safety features like child lock, flaps, and guards (to protect the operator from shooting debris).
15. Push Button Start:
One can start an electric mower by using several methods like a starter key, handle or a button. But most experts suggest you use a push button to start the device, as it is easy & quick to start and convenient to operate.
16. Wheel Size & Type:
The size and type of wheel will affect the grip and movement (manoeuvrability) of a mower while mowing your lawn. So, you have to check this feature while shopping for an electric lawnmower.
Wheel Type – A mower with soft rubber wheels will provide a smooth run and better traction. While hard ones will not roll smoothly and provides less traction.
Wheel Size – A general rule is, the bigger the wheels, the better you can move easily. So, irrespective of ground type (even or uneven), you should get a mower with its back wheels a bit bigger than front wheels for easy movement.
17. Blade Quality:
Always prefer to choose lawnmower blades, which are built with corrosion-resistant, durable, strong and high-tensile materials. This will retain their sharpness for a longer time and thereby increase the duration between its sharpening sessions.
18. Ease of Use:
Here are a few check-list, which let you use a mower with ease of use. Have a look at them.
- Check the cord length while selecting a lawnmower, as the cord won’t interfere with the grass cutting process.
- The mower with an adjustable handle height will let you make use of it by any of your family members.
- Select the mower designed with padded, ergonomic handles to prevent chaffing or blisters on your hands while mowing.
- Also, pick a model that offers a primary ignition system that ignites with either a button or a key or both. Thus, it works easier than gas mowers.
- Choose the mower that comes with a minimum warranty of 3 – 5 years, against its manufacturing defects.
The electric lawnmowers come within the range of $100 – $1000, as it depends on the build quality, type of the mower, extra features, and brand of the product.
- The price of corded electric lawnmowers will start around $100. Though they are affordable, one has to invest in a high-quality extension cord for its proper usage.
- Cordless mowers will cost a bit expensive, and their range will be from $200 – $800. Most customers prefer to pay extra for the convenience of battery power.
Electric Lawn Mowers – Advantages & Disadvantages:
Before purchasing an electric lawnmower, one has to know all about its benefits and drawbacks. Have a look at them.
- There is no need to store flammable gasoline in your shed or garage.
- Unlike gas-powered/traditional mowers, no need to have engine maintenance like refilling engine oil, changing spark plugs and filters for this mower.
- Irrespective of the type of electric mower, it will cost around $5 – $10 to operate the mower for a single growing season. While gas-powered mowers, which uses fuel to operate will cost around $15 – $25 per session.
- This type of mowers is environmentally friendly, as they won’t produce hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide or other fossil-fuel fumes.
- In general, an electric mower will produce 65 – 75 decibels of noise, which is equal to the noise of an operating washing machine (or) a conversation between two persons. Whereas gas mowers will generate sound between 95 – 100 decibels of noise, which is comparable to a loud motorcycle.
- Corded mowers have limited cord length, usually around 100 feet from an exterior power outlet.
- How long the batteries of a cordless mower hold its charge will determine its runtime/mowing time.
- These are not powerful/efficient as gas mowers and a bit difficult to mow thick lawns or dense grass.
- Never operate electric mowers on wet grass, as it comes with a risk of shock. Also, accidental mowing over the cord of a mower will result in causing electric shocks.
- On average, cordless electric mowers are a bit more expensive than a gas mower.
Maintaining your lawnmower is as important as buying the best lawnmower as per your lawn requirement. So, look at its maintenance tips and follow them regularly for its proper ad long-lasting performance.
- Go through the user manual before you start using this mower to know all about its procedures (operating & cleaning) and maintenance routine, which help you to make better use of it.
- It is best to clean the mower after its every use to keep away germs and bacteria from the machine and keep the blades sharp as well. Most models have a built-in washout port to make the cleaning job much easier. Also, clean mower carburetor several times.
- Blades tend to become dull over a course of time. So, they require constant sharpening at least once every 2 – 3 months to cut grass effectively.
- A battery-powered mower will run on the engine and it requires regular oiling to ensure its long lifespan.
Safety Tips for An Electric Lawn Mower:
Below are some basic precautionary measures one has to follow for operating a mower safely and securely.
- It is a must to read the user manual of a machine thoroughly before its operation to know how to operate, maintain and clean them effectively.
- It is better to walk in your yard before you start the mowing process. This will help to clear away any material on the lawn to have a proper mowing effect.
- Wear proper footwear when you’re mowing the lawn to reduce the potential hazards of injuries.
- If your children are interested in mowing the lawn then it’s best to stay by their side. Thus, they can learn how to mow the lawn properly.
- A continuous running of a machine will heat up the engine. So, avoid touching the hot engine part that may result in severe burn injuries.
- Avoid using a corded electric mower on wet grass. It is a universal reason that doesn’t mix water and electricity. So, mowing wet grass results in electrical short or shock.
- Driving your mower with blades out on a gravel driveway will weaken the quality of the blade and thereby makes them dull to chop. So, never do it in this way.
- It is not advised to run your fingers to remove any material/twig when the machine is working on, it causes injuries. Always try to remove any obstructions from the mower after turning it off.
- While using a corded mower, you should mow away from the cord. For this, you have to start mowing back and forth towards the house, starting near the electrical outlet and mow in swaths. This will keep the cord out of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: In general, electric mowers need a little less maintenance than gas mowers. Here are some ways which let you maintain your mower effectively. Store the mower in a dry place like a covered shed or garage for storing after use. Regularly clean/remove any stuck-on grass clippings under the mower deck before and after its use. Sharpen their blades once every 2 months. Clean the blades and bags after their use.
Ans: As we already mentioned, electric mowers a bit less powerful than gas mowers. But no worries, this electric lawnmower will work best for small – medium-sized lawns or lawns having thin grass (not ultra-dense).
Ans: Yes, it is a must to use an extension cord while using corded electric lawnmowers. The reason is that they have an insufficient shorter cord, which makes them unable to mow effectively. So, complement your mower with an appropriate extension cord.
Ans: Usually, it depends on the quality and built material. So, an electric mower can last for 5 – 10 years. While using a lithium-ion battery for a cordless mower, you have to replace it every 5 years.
Ans: Although, there are plenty of brands, including newcomers manufacturing these mowers, that has flooded the market. This makes it quite difficult to choose the best one that comes within your budget. As per our research, you can choose makers like Stihl, American Lawnmower, Black+Decker, Green Works, Bosch, Sun Joe, Ryobi, Ego, and Husqvarna.
Ans: Usually, electric mowers are easy to start than gas mowers. They come with a simple button press, which is located either on the handle or side/back of the frame. While larger models come with pull bars or other safety locks to stop the mower from starting till you hold the handle in a certain way. Whereas other models have simply designed to press the start button to start and operate the mower.
Instead of using a corded or cordless mower, you can look for modern mowers, which offer both corded plug and cordless battery. Here the battery works as a backup source by charging while running on an electric outlet. This will help you to operate effectively and grab the benefits of both types of electric mowers.
Final Words to Say…
So far, we’ve included the information related to the Lawn Mowers and in what way it is helpful to make the garden/yards look attractive. If you’re the one looking for best lawn mowers available in the market, then you must consider several key factors like run time, blades and attachments, mower type, price and warranty details.
Greenworks Electric Corded Lawn Mower is our top pick from the list of best lawn mowers that are in great demand. It comes with 7inch front, 10inch rear wheels, 20 inch steel and 12A powerful motor deck to maximize the usage capabilities. It is possible to adjust the mower in 7-different positions.
To start the mower, simply plug-in the cord to a power source and push start button to operate with hassle-free functioning. The manufacturer offers a backup of 4 years warranty and there’re very good online reviews and ratings too.
If you’ve any queries regarding Electric Lawn Mowers, feel free to share with us in the comment section. We’re pretty happy to clarify them as soon as possible.