Many other decent 5G mid-rangers from various brands, including Motorola, are still stuck with Android 11 and looking at Android 12 as the one and only major OS upgrade in the pipeline… someday.
- Add portrait effects (you can add background blur to any picture with a person in view);
- Portrait relighting;
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images;
- Share albums as links;
- All your invitations together;
- Create time lapse videos.
- More decorations for your emoji stickers;
- Background colors in mask mode.
- Do more during video calls (share another app’s screen, watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more);
- Join video calls in presentation mode.
- Get insights about your body composition (set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass);
- Build better sleep habits (get coaching based on your sleep patterns);
- Enhanced exercise tracking (set interval training targets on your Galaxy Watch 4 before you start running or cycling).
- Get notified when you leave something behind;
- Find a lost device together (share the location of your devices with others).
- Share your Wi-Fi network with Quick Share;
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos;
- Easily share tips with others using the Tips app.
More features and improvements
- Color palette (customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper);
- Add emojis to your calendar;
- Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard;
- More widely available keyboard options (keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions);
- Customize your sound balance;
- New actions for Bixby Routines;
- Customize your virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care;
- Game optimizing service.
May 1 security patch level