OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T are the company phones in line for an Android 12 upgrade, the company revealed. The beta was previously halted, but now the Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 is again available for download.
Any user who’s running Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 can try the beta but they need at least 4 GB of free storage. The good news is if it doesn’t work out well for you, you can easily roll back to the Android 11 build.
Oxygen OS 12 beta 1 will bring these features to all OnePlus 7 phones:
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology;
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons;
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out;
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers;
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer;
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time.
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read;
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings;
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization.
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals;
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment;
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures.
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general;
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.