Hadlee Simons / Android Authority
- Google is now rolling out the March security update for Pixel phones and the Pixel Watch.
- The update also includes various bug fixes and stability improvements.
- The Pixel Watch on Verizon is also getting the month’s security patch.
Google pushed out the March Pixel feature drop yesterday, and now the company is rolling out this month’s security patches to the Pixel phones and the Pixel Watch.
According to an official post on Google’s support forum, all phones running Android 13, starting from the Pixel 4a to the Pixel 7 series, will get the March 2023 security patch. For some reason, Google hasn’t included the software build numbers for the Pixel 6 series and the Pixel 6a in the update list.
The rollout will continue over the next few weeks in phases depending on carrier and device. Users will receive a notification once the OTA becomes available for their devices.
The March security fix for Pixel phones includes improvements across several areas, including device stability, connectivity, performance, and more. You can check out the long list of changes here. Following are the official build numbers for Google’s March security update.
- Pixel 4a: TQ2A.230305.008.C1
- Pixel 4a (5G): TQ2A.230305.008.C1
- Pixel 5: TQ2A.230305.008.C1
- Pixel 5a (5G): TQ2A.230305.008.C1
- Pixel 7: TQ2A.230305.008
- Pixel 7 Pro: TQ2A.230305.008.C1
T-Mobile & MVNOs, Google Fi (US)
- Pixel 4a (5G): TQ2A.230305.008.A3
- Pixel 5: TQ2A.230305.008.A3
- Pixel 5a (5G): TQ2A.230305.008.A3
- Pixel 7: TQ2A.230305.008.A1
- Pixel 7 Pro: TQ2A.230305.008.A3
Meanwhile, the Pixel Watch also seems to be getting the March security update. Google hasn’t announced it officially, but T-Mobile lists it on the software support page for the smartwatch. The Pixel Watch update on T-Mobile comes with Software Version RWDA.230114.008.R1.