A pneumatic grease gun is handy in various industries to lubricate machinery and equipment. Unlike traditional manual grease guns that require manual effort to dispense grease, a pneumatic grease gun is powered by compressed air. This air pressure is used to push the grease from a reservoir through a hose and nozzle onto the lubrication points. The primary aim of this tool is to streamline and simplify the process of applying lubrication, making it quicker and less physically demanding.
- Hose Length: When it comes to the accessibility and ease of use of the device, the hose length provided with the pneumatic grease gun plays an important role. One of the primary reasons for considering hose length is to ensure that the grease gun can reach the lubrication points on your equipment or machinery without any problem. Some components may be located in tight or hard-to-reach spaces, and a longer hose provides the necessary flexibility and reach to access these areas.
- Maximum Grease Pressure: Maximum grease pressure directly affects how effectively the lubricant is delivered to these critical components. When the grease is applied at the right pressure, it can penetrate tight spaces, create a protective film, and ensure that all necessary areas are adequately lubricated. This is crucial for preventing friction-related damage and extending the lifespan of equipment.
- Durability: Durability and build quality are key factors in determining the lifespan of all products. The same goes for pneumatic grease guns as well. The importance of durability is even more critical with this apparatus since it is usually used in industries where smoother handling of the tool is not guaranteed. Industrial operations often rely on pneumatic grease guns to keep the machinery running smoothly, and a durable gun can provide reliable service over an extended period, contributing to cost savings.
Choosing the right pneumatic grease gun is crucial for whether you are buying one for personal use, or for professional application. Firstly, it impacts the efficiency and speed of the lubrication process and whether getting a pneumatic option over a manual one is feasible. The right pneumatic grease gun can significantly reduce the time and effort required to lubricate machinery and equipment, which is especially important in industrial settings where downtime can be costly. Therefore, we are bringing you the best options available out there for pneumatic grease guns. We will also talk more about the important parameters of a pneumatic grease gun in our “Buying Guide”, so check that out.
Best Pneumatic Grease Gun Table
Best Pneumatic Grease Gun Reviews
Many brands are available for professional tools and accessories right now. But, only a few of these brands are as reliable and popular as Lincoln as thousands of buyers prefer this brand for their professional tools.
In the 1st position, we are putting the most reliable and versatile tool we could find for our list of the best pneumatic grease guns. The Lincoln 1162 Fully Automatic Grease Gun ensures a continuous and smooth grease flow without requiring constant manual pumping with fully automatic operation. It also comes with a variable speed trigger which puts you in control by allowing you to manage the grease flow precisely as per your requirements. You can adjust the gun’s performance accordingly, whether it’s a delicate application or a heavy-duty task.
The Lincoln 1162 has a 30 inches high-pressure hose, a coupler, and an attachment clip to complete the set. This combination ensures you can easily reach even the most challenging lubrication points, making it a universal fit for various applications. This grease gun also includes a combination filler coupler and air bleeder valve. This feature simplifies bulk filling and facilitates the release of trapped air to maintain prime grease flow. With a maximum grease pressure of 6,000 psi, this pneumatic grease gun offers the force required to tackle your lubrication needs efficiently.
- It comes with a 30 inches long hose
- Maximum grease pressure rating is up to 6000 PSI
- Universal fit for a versatile range of applications
- Comes with a combination filler
- Most popular option for a pneumatic grease gun
- It has the longest hose compared to other choices
- Maximum pressure rating is pretty good
- Slightly expensive choice compared to other brands
As we discuss popular options for professional tools and accessories, let us introduce you to yet another similar option from Carbyne. Apart from power tools, you will also find various manual tools and attachments from Carbyne.
Our 2nd choice for the best pneumatic grease gun is a rather premium choice that is best suited for professional work. The Carbyne Air Grease Gun offers remarkable power and performance with its continuous flow and fully automatic operation. With that, you can completely avoid manual pumping and introduce rapid and efficient grease transfer into your workflow. You will find a 24-inch hose with this gun which is also ideal for professional work. To avoid any pressure loss caused by the length of the hose, this tool is rated for 7500 PSI maximum grease pressure.
Durability is a strong suit for this pneumatic grease gun. Constructed from high-quality materials, including a composite head, aluminum barrel, and premium O-rings and seals, it’s built to withstand wear and tear in demanding industrial and automotive environments. The composite head of the tool is engineered for lightning-fast grease loading, making your lubrication tasks a breeze. The built-in air bleeder valve can quickly eliminate air pockets and airlocks from the gun, ensuring a smooth and continuous grease flow without needing manual priming.
- It comes with a 24 inches long hose
- Maximum grease pressure rating is up to 7500 PSI
- Made up of high-quality materials
- Aluminum barrel and premium O-Rings are installed
- Most powerful option for a pneumatic grease gun
- Perfect choice for harsh industrial working environments
- It offers highest pressure rating
- Most expensive choice on this selection
AZUNO is also a brand which is preferred by thousands of buyers when it comes to professional tools and machinery. But unlike the options we have seen so far, the hand tools, pressure tools, and lubrication tools provided by AZUNO are highly affordable.
Our 3rd choice for the best pneumatic grease gun is the highly affordable and yet powerful AZUNO Pneumatic Grease Gun. This pneumatic grease gun offers exceptional performance and versatility for this budget. It’s designed to handle a wide pressure range, making it compatible with air compressors delivering 30 PSI to 150 PSI. With that, it can deliver a grease pressure ranging from 1200 PSI up to an impressive 6000 PSI, ensuring you have the power you need for various applications.
The AZUNO Pneumatic Grease Gun features a unique knurling design on the barrel, providing an enhanced grip that ensures you maintain control even in demanding and slippery conditions. This non-slip feature is a testament to the attention to detail put into the gun’s ergonomic design. Whether you prefer standard 14 oz. grease cartridges, suction, or bulk filling, this gun can accommodate your preference thanks to the 3-way loading system. This versatility ensures you can easily and efficiently tackle a wide range of lubrication tasks.
- It comes with a 10½ inches long hose
- Maximum grease pressure rating is up to 6000 PSI
- Unique knurling design for secure grip
- Tightening is possible to avoid leakage
- Pressure rating is highly variable based on the application
- Overall handling is pretty good
- 3-way bulk loading support
- Overall build quality could have been better
The STEINBRÜCKE Heavy Duty Pneumatic Grease Gun is a robust and reliable tool that stands out with its fully automatic operation and user-friendly features, which you would want for personal use. The key features of the gun include an 18-inch heavy-duty reinforced flex hose, a 3-way loading system, and a 5 1⁄2 inch hard metal extension tube with a sharp-type nozzle. These features ensure you have the reach and precision needed to access and lubricate even the most challenging points.
What truly sets this grease gun apart is its continuous cycle fully automatic operation. This feature provides effortless operation for users, allowing for continuous grease flow without the need for manual pumping. With a working pressure of up to 4500 psi, it can handle demanding lubrication tasks. STEINBRÜCKE offers reliable performance as well as up to 5 years warranty, offering peace of mind and assurance in the quality and durability of their product.
- It comes with an 18 inches hose
- Maximum grease pressure rating is up to 4500 PSI
- Fully automatic operation
- It comes with a long warranty period
- One of the best options for this price point
- Highly reliable option for long-term personal use
- Pressure rating is pretty good
- Hose length may not be suitable for professional needs
The Bravex Pneumatic Automatic Grease Gun is our most affordable option for you today. Despite that, you will find all important features and specifications available with this unit such as a 3-way grease loading system that accommodates standard 14 oz. cartridges, bulk suction fill, and filler/dispenser pump methods. This versatility ensures that you can choose the loading method that suits your specific lubrication needs, whether it’s bulk applications or precision work.
Durability is a key focus for Bravex and you can observe that in the construction of this grease gun. The canister is built with a cold-drawn steel tube, providing high durability and resistance to wear and tear. The low variance ID of the gun also prevents any grease leakage, ensuring a clean and efficient lubrication process. As for applicability, the gun has an 18 inches heavy-duty reinforced flex hose with a spring guard and coupler, as well as a 5½ inch hard metal extension tube and a sharp nozzle. These components give you the reach and precision needed to access and lubricate various points.
- It comes with an 18 inches hose
- Maximum grease pressure rating is up to 6000 PSI
- It supports 3-way loading
- Low variance ID to prevent leakage
- Cheapest option for a pneumatic grease gun
- Suitable for personal and professional use
- Pressure rating is very high for this price point
- Hose length is better with other options
Buying Guide For The Best Pneumatic Grease Gun
The choice of a pneumatic grease gun affects the quality of lubrication as well as impacts the cycle of the manufacturing process. Different applications may require specific types or grades of grease. An ideal pneumatic grease gun should be compatible with the grease being used as well as the machinery on which you are using the grease gun. The gun’s design, including its pressure settings and nozzle size, should match the requirements of the equipment being lubricated to ensure proper coverage and distribution of grease. This ensures that crucial components remain adequately lubricated, reducing wear and prolonging their lifespan. Apart from that, you should also pay attention to some crucial features of a grease gun that ensure compatibility and useability of the gun for years to come.
1. Hose Length
Different lubrication jobs will require varying hose lengths based on the location of lubrication points and/or distance from the pump. Having a grease gun with a detachable or interchangeable hose system can provide versatility and adaptability to different maintenance scenarios. This allows you to use the appropriate hose length for each specific application, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. But, if you decide to go with a pneumatic grease gun with a long hose attached to it, you may not need to attach a different hose. There are pneumatic grease guns that come with up to 30 inches of hose, making them the best option for a wide range of applications. But, you should also consider the impact of hose length on pressure. As the length of the hose increases, there will be a slight reduction in the pressure at the nozzle end of the grease gun due to friction and resistance within the hose itself.
2. Maximum Grease Pressure
Higher grease pressure helps maintain consistency in the lubrication process. Lubrication outcomes are predictable and reliable when the pressure is stable and within the specified range. This consistency is especially important in industries where precision and reliability are essential, such as manufacturing or aeronautics. It ensures that machinery operates as expected, reducing the risk of downtime and repairs. Also, the grease must often overcome resistance within hoses, fittings, and lubrication points to reach its destination in almost all lubrication systems. With a higher maximum grease pressure, you can easily overcome this resistance, ensuring that the lubricant is delivered effectively. Grease might not reach critical areas without sufficient pressure, leading to inadequate lubrication.
3. Grease Capacity
Different lubrication jobs will require varying hose lengths based on the location of lubrication points and/or distance from the pump. Having a grease gun with a detachable or interchangeable hose system can provide versatility and adaptability to different maintenance scenarios. This allows you to use the appropriate hose length for each specific application, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. But, if you decide to go with a pneumatic grease gun with a long hose attached to it, you may not need to attach a different hose. There are pneumatic grease guns that come with up to 30 inches of hose, making them the best option for a wide range of applications. But, you should also consider the impact of hose length on pressure. As the length of the hose increases, there will be a slight reduction in the pressure at the nozzle end of the grease gun due to friction and resistance within the hose itself. To maintain consistent and adequate grease flow, it may be necessary to choose a hose with the appropriate diameter and material or use a hose that is shorter or has a larger diameter for applications where pressure drop could be an issue.
The importance of durability in a pneumatic grease gun cannot be ignored as this tool is designed to withstand harsh working conditions and extended use in various industrial and applications. Pneumatic grease guns are exposed to challenging environments where they encounter dirt, dust, moisture, and potentially corrosive substances. Having a durable grease gun ensures that the gun’s components can withstand these harsh conditions without deteriorating or failing prematurely. A robust construction for the outer body of the gun as well as the hose attached to it minimizes the risk of damage from external factors and helps maintain consistent performance. The durability of the gun directly also impacts the reliability of the lubrication process at times. A durable gun is less likely to experience leaks, malfunctions, or breakdowns while in use. This ensures that lubrication is consistently applied whenever needed. Having a durable pneumatic grease gun also reduces the possibility of halting the production line caused by an ineffective pneumatic grease gun.
Pneumatic Grease Gun- FAQs
Ans: Yes, pneumatic grease guns are definitely more powerful than manual grease guns. These guns use air pressure instead of manual effort to apply substantial force to push grease from the gun’s reservoir through a hose and nozzle and onto the lubrication points. The pneumatic power provides a consistent and high-pressure stream of grease, making it suitable for heavy-duty applications and hard-to-reach lubrication points. And, it is also possible to vary the input power based on the requirements.
Ans: Electric grease guns and pneumatic grease guns differ in how they are powered and operated. Electric grease guns are powered by electricity, typically via a rechargeable battery pack. Some high-power models can also be plugged directly into an electrical outlet. The electric motor in the gun provides the force to dispense the grease unlike the compressed air pressure applied in pneumatic guns. Battery-powered electric grease guns offer greater portability and flexibility. Since these tools are not tethered to an air compressor or electrical outlet, they are most suitable for remote or outdoor locations.
Ans: Pneumatic grease pumps are mechanical devices used to deliver grease from a container or reservoir to lubrication points in machinery and equipment. These pumps are also powered by compressed air and are commonly used in industrial and automotive applications where the efficient and controlled distribution of grease is essential. Pneumatic grease pumps are designed to handle various grease viscosities and are particularly useful for high-volume or heavy-duty lubrication tasks.
Priming a pneumatic grease gun is important to ensure proper lubrication and avoid air pockets or dry pumping. To do so, you should follow the steps provided below:
* Ensure that your pneumatic grease gun is clean and in good working condition.
* Check that the grease reservoir is properly filled with the appropriate type and quantity of grease.
* Connect the pneumatic grease gun to a compressed air source, such as an air compressor, using the appropriate air hose and fittings.
* Ensure the air pressure is set to the recommended level for your grease gun, as indicated in the manufacturer’s instructions.
* Before priming, ensure the grease gun is free of trapped air. To do this, hold the grease gun with the nozzle facing upward, and slowly pull the trigger to release any air that may be inside.
* Open the air valve to allow compressed air to flow into the gun.
With the air valve open, operate the grease gun’s trigger or lever to start priming.
* As you pull the trigger, you should see grease being expelled from the nozzle. Continue pumping the grease gun until you observe a steady stream of grease with no air bubbles. This indicates that the gun is fully primed.
Ans: The maximum PSI (pounds per square inch) that a pneumatic grease gun can produce varies depending on the specific make and model of the gun. Pneumatic grease guns are available in a range of pressure ratings to accommodate different lubrication requirements and applications. Common maximum pressure ratings for pneumatic grease guns typically fall within the range of 2,000 PSI to 6,000 PSI or even higher for some heavy-duty models.
Pneumatic grease guns are powerful tools for efficiently applying grease to lubrication points in machinery and large equipment. They operate using compressed air which provides consistent and high-pressure grease delivery. Pneumatic grease guns are also favored in industrial and automotive settings for their ability to handle heavy-duty lubrication tasks and hard-to-reach points and faster application thanks to the reduced manual effort. However, you will have to consider some key specifications of a pneumatic grease gun before you make a choice. So if you are not familiar with the functionality and requirements of a pneumatic grease gun, we urge you to first check out our buying guide for the best pneumatic grease gun before you make a choice. Alternatively, you can check out our top recommendations here and see if any of these guns are perfect for your application.
- For basic applications such as private garages and maintenance, there are a few good choices available like the Bravex Pneumatic Grease Gun, which is applicable and highly affordable. However, this pneumatic gun can deliver up to 6000 PSI maximum grease pressure which is higher than most other premium options on this list. Also, you will find an 18 inches hose attached to the pneumatic grease gun which is pretty good for normal use. This unit also supports 3-way grease loading, enabling the user to have a continuous cycle and a relatively easier operation.
- However, when it comes to industrial applications, it may not be possible for some buyers to compromise on some essential parameters of the pneumatic gun. Therefore, our next recommendation is the Lincoln Pneumatic Grease Gun which is an ideal choice for outdoor applications. This fully automatic pneumatic grease gun with a variable speed trigger maintains ideal flow control. You also get a 30-inch long hose attached to the pneumatic gun, making it possible to reach corners and tiger areas without any problem.
- Lastly, we recommend going with the Carbyne Pneumatic Grease Gun for those looking for the most powerful option on this list today. Since this is also one of the premium choices on this list, you will get a maximum pressure rating of 7500 PSI with this pneumatic grease gun. It also supports rapid 3-way grease loading, allowing continuous and automated operation. As for durability, the pneumatic gun consists of a composite head, aluminum barrel, and premium O-rings.