The electric mopeds are plug-in electrically charged two-wheelers. They feature an electric motor and a battery and do not require petrol to function. They are environmentally friendly and are in high demand in recent years.
If you plan to buy an electric moped and do not have any idea how to select the ideal one for you, we have listed some of the key features to consider the best electric moped for you.
- Type: There are two kinds of electric mopeds. The low-speed electric mopeds are suitable for riders with now licence and suitable for small commutes. They feature a low range and low speed. On the other hand, the high-speed electric mopeds require insurance and registration number and also features a high speed and high range.
- Range: This feature signifies the distance that can be covered by any electric moped on one single charge. The low-speed electric mopeds feature a lower range than the high-speed electric mopeds.
- Speed: The speed is an important factor when considering the points to buy any electric moped. The maximum speed depends on the motor and some are suitable for small commutes while others can work well even on the highway.
More details on the features to consider are provided in the “Buying Guide” given later in the article. In this article, we have listed the best products with their best features, advantages and disadvantages. Read on to know all about the electric mopeds.
Best Electric Moped List
Best Electric Moped Reviews
The Phantomgogo Commuter R1 Electric Scooter epitomizes power and dependability. It has a powerful 450W motor that makes the scooter go fast, up to 15.5 mph, giving you a smooth and speedy ride! The motor is designed to be strong and last a long time while not using too much energy.
This electric scooter has high-capacity lithium-ion battery, which is the powerhouse driving for extensive rides. It is simple to remove the battery from the Commuter R1 for charge or replacement. The charging process takes four to six hours. Once charged, you can travel up to 20 miles, which is a considerable distance, before requiring another charge.
The seat may be adjusted so that you can ride in comfort. Plus, there’s a basket at the back to easily carry your small stuff,
Moreover, the scooter’s lightweight design and foldability make it an embodiment of portability.
- Age Range: Adults and older teenagers.
- Weight: Lightweight (approx. 20-30 lbs).
- Color Options: Various colors available.
- Speed: Up to 15.5 mph.
- Smooth acceleration up to 15.5 mph.
- Long-lasting battery for up to 20 miles.
- Adjustable seat for comfort.
- Convenient rear basket.
- Easy to carry and store.
- Charging time: 4-6 hours.
- Not suitable for high speeds or off-road.
- Lightweight design for smoother terrains.
This is an all-new Okai electric scooter which features an elegant and impressive plastic body that feels like a vespa scooter or a car. The performance is enhanced with the 36V 10.4Ah battery and a riding range of 25 miles.
The electric moped also features a 350W gearless brushless rear motor with an allowed output of 560W that supports a speed of 15.5 mph and enabled incline of 20%. The elegant display shows the speed mode, battery life and the speed. It is compatible with iOS and android applications which allows you to customise personal driving modes, display units, and provides all details of the technical and driving stats.
Through the app, the bluetooth capabilities and NFC can also be applicable. Braking safety is ensured with the electrical and mechanical braking system. Moreover, the bright front LED light and the lateral lights increase safety for riding in the night. The 10-inch vacuum tyres on both ends of the electric bike provides comfort even while riding through rough terrain.
This is highly portable as it can be folded easily for easy storage. The detachable battery enables you to charge it anywhere.
- Age Range: Adult
- Speed: 15.5 mph
- Weight: 220 pounds
- Colour: Pink
- Elegant and impressive plastic body.
- Allowed output of 560 W.
- Elegant display mode.
- Electrical and mechanical braking system.
- Customers felt that the after-sales service was not up to the mark.
Beston has come up with an electric bike which features a powerful 450W brushless motor with a huge 40 cells 8Ah lithium-ion battery. This enables a maximum speed of 15.5 mph and a riding range of 12.5 miles.
The electric scooter is lightweight and weighs just 34.5 pounds that helps to transport it from one place to another easily. It can also be folded and stored in small places which makes it ideal for students and commuters. The load capacity of the scooter is 265 pounds.
The riding safety is ensured with the dual braking system of rear and front disc brakes. Also, the 12-inch tires make it suitable for regular use and riding through rough terrain. The high-intensity front LED lights and rear LED reflectors increase the safety level during the night.
This bike features a rear carry basket which makes the bike convenient for commuting. All the hardware for assembly is provided.
- Age Range: Adult
- Speed: 15.5 mph
- Weight: 34.5 lbs
- Colour: Metallic Black
- Powerful brush less 450W motor.
- Lightweight and highly portable.
- High-intensity front light and rear reflectors.
- Rear carry basket.
- Some people had issues with the battery life.
eAhora M2 Electric Motorcycle is all about speed and power, making city rides exciting for anyone who loves adventure. It has a powerful 3000W QS motor. It can go fast, more than 46 miles per hour! It can easily handle both flat roads and uphill paths. City riding is a breeze with its swift acceleration and hill-climbing capabilities.
It has special brakes that work well, stopping the motorcycle quickly and safely whenever you need it. Front and rear suspension systems guarantee a smooth ride even on uneven surfaces, enhancing overall ride quality. For added safety, an electric cut-off kickstand ensures stability when parked.
This is made to be useful and adaptable. It has a soft cushion that can fit two people comfortably, so you can share the ride with a friend. The special 12-inch tires work on different kinds of roads, making it a head-turner wherever you go. They used good materials to build it, so you can trust it to be strong and not easily broken.
- Weight: Not specified
- Color: Classic Harley motorcycle design
- Speed: Top speed of 46+ MPH Age
- Range: Not specified
- High performance for exciting rides.
- Quick acceleration and hill climbing.
- Excellent braking system.
- Comfortable and smooth ride.
- Versatile design for different terrains.
- Limited to two riders.
- Requires charging
The Etek Scout electric bike provides superior performance with a powerful 400W motor engine and disc brakes that provides the safety and boost that is required. It also features a 48V 24Ah lithium-ion removable battery.
This electric moped features dual-speed transmission and a riding mileage og 50 miles. This street legal bike does not require any driver’s licence, insurance or registration. The disc hydraulic brakes and mudguards increase the safety of the rider which is further increased by the low/high beam bright LED lights. It also shows a 4.3-inch LCD information display screen and also an extra luggage or seat box.
This bike is easy to maintain and comes 80% pre-assembled. The remaining 20% can be assembled in 60 minutes to 90 minutes.
- Age Range: Adult
- Speed: Up to 20 mph
- Weight: 120 pounds
- Colour: Grey
- Powerful 400W engine.
- Dual speed transmission.
- Low and high beam LED lights.
- Extra seat box and luggage box.
- Some people had issues with the packaging.
Things To Consider When Looking For An Electric Moped
Apart from listing the best products, we have curated a list of features which help to select the best electric moped in a better way. These features will help you narrow the options for the best electric moped according to your preference. So, read the following section to know about the important points to keep in mind while choosing the best electric moped.
There are generally two kinds of electric mopeds. We have discussed both of them in detail below.
- Slow-Speed e-Mopeds: This is the basic option when you are talking about electric mopeds. These scooters do not require a registration number and the rider does not even require a driving licence for these. There is no added need for vehicle insurance for these electric mopeds too. However, they feature lower range and speed than the high-speed electric mopeds.
- High-Speed e-Mopeds:They are the advanced and high-tech versions of the electric mopeds. They need to have both vehicle insurance and a registration number. The user also needs to have a driving licence for riding these e-mopeds. Moreover, the speed and riding range for these are higher than the low-speed mopeds.
Range signifies the distance that your electric moped can cover after one full charge. Usually, the slow speed electric moped features a range varying from 50 km to 70 km. Now, for the high-speed electric mopeds the riding range usually varies from 120 lm to 200 km.
One of the major considerations of the electric mopeds is the maximum speed which it can offer. Some of the underpowered engines of the electric mopeds provide the maximum speed of just 50 to 60 km/hr. This speed of the electric moped is suitable for small commutes but they are not applicable for riding on the highways.
4. Battery Life
The major cost of the electric moped is due to the battery. If you need to replace it under any circumstance, you need to pay at least half the price of a new electric moped. Therefore, it is primary to check the average life expectancy of the battery and the type of battery used for the electric moped. Generally, a lithium-ion battery is used for all electric mopeds.
5. Motor Power
The motor power influences the driving style of the electric moped. So, when looking at the motor power, you also consider the area or the distance to be driven and the driver’s weight for it to be a deciding factor.
6. Build Quality
One of the advantages of selecting the electric moped from the known brand is that the build quality of the moped will not be compromised. We also suggest that you take some test drives of several electric mopeds so that the rider’s weight and driving conditions are suitable for the electric scooters.
7. Maximum Load
The maximum load is the total weight that can be carried by the electric moped. This comprises the driver’s weight, any additional things to be carried and weight of the second rider(if any). You need to take all these into consideration before buying the electric moped.
Electric Mopped Two Wheelers – FAQs
Ans: The electric moped batteries usually last up to 3000 to 5000 miles or they last up to 2 years to 4 years. This is influenced by the battery capacity, storage conditions and use conditions of the electric moped.
Ans: You do not need to worry about the electric moped while riding in the rain as most of them feature a water-resistant battery which is well-protected from dust and moisture.
Ans: The usual battery lasts for one hour after one charge. However, different batteries last for different time limits and can cover different distances with one charge.
Ans: When it comes to parking or storing the electric scooter, they give the required flexibility to the user. They can be conveniently left outside or brought inside the building when parked.
Ans: There are some precautions that you must take while riding an electric moped. They are listed below.
* Inspect the scooter before starting it.
* Wear a helmet.
* Better to ride solo.
* Do not use the phone while riding.
* Slow down before turning or looking back.
* Keep your eyes on the road.
* Avoid driving in harsh weather.
* Avoid driving in pedestrian areas.
By this part, we hope that you are convinced to buy an electric moped. Through the guide, we have tried to solve all kinds of doubts regarding the electric moped. If you still have questions, feel free to write in the comments section below.
- If you are here for the suggestions, we have listed our top three favourites from the list. The first recommendation is the OKAI Electric Moped. It features an elegant and impressive plastic body. It also has an allowed output of 560W.
- The second pick from the list is Eahora Electric Moped. It has a forced air cooling system with automatic transmission. The start mechanism can be alternated between kick or electric.
- The third and final product from the list is Beston Sports Electric Moped. It features a 450W brushless motor and is extremely lightweight for easy portability.