RFHIC has introduced a new SDM GaN Hybrid Power Amplifier Module Series for 4G LTE and 5G systems. Developed for drive amplifier applications in Massive MIMO Systems, Small Cells and Low Power Remote Radio Heads, the SDM series is built with RFHIC’s GaN-on-SiC technology.
Features of the SDM series include:
- High Power Gains
- Input/Output RF Ports Matched to 50 Ohms
- Compact Design and Size
- Excellent Thermal Dissipation Technology for GaN Components
The lineup of the SDM GaN Hybrid Power Amplifier series consists of the following:
- SDM18003-30H, 1805 ~ 1880MHz, 40W
- SDM21003-30H, 2110 ~ 2170MHz, 40W
- SDM26005-30H, 2496 ~ 2690MHz, 60W
- SDM37003-30H, 3400 ~ 3800MHz, 40W
- SDM39003-30H, 3700 ~ 4100MHz, 40W
- SDM35005-30H, 3300 ~ 3700MHz, 60W
- SDM36005-30H, 3400 ~ 3800MHz, 60W
- SDM39005-30H, 3700 ~ 4100MHz, 60W
In this video, RFHIC set up an evaluation test for one of the products in the SDM series, the SDM36005-30H (3,400 ~ 3,800 MHz, 60 W). The digital pre-distortion (DPD) performances of the amplifier were tested both in isolation and in connection with a 40 W transistor, the ID36461D. The SDM36005-30H demonstrated excellent linearity, with an adjacent channel power (ACP) ranging from 58 to 60 dBc in isolation, and 52 to 54 dBc in connection with a 40 W transistor.