When it comes to taking proper care of powerful and high power cars such as sports sedan cars, there are some additional things that you need to take care of along with standard maintenance procedures. Sports cards such as Dodge Charger v6 already offer a very high performance and power output which can offer a delightful riding experience to its riders.
However, you can always add better 3rd party accessories to the car, such as a cold air intake, and increase the performance of the car. A Cold Air Intake (CAI) is a crucial component for sports sedan cars, as it plays a significant role in enhancing their performance and efficiency. Here are some interesting qualities of a cold air intake that you must check before you pick one for your car.
- Horsepower Improvement: Checking the promised horsepower improvement by a cold air intake manufacturer is essential. One of the primary reasons people invest in a CAI is to increase their vehicle’s horsepower and overall performance. By checking the manufacturer’s claimed HP improvement, you can set realistic performance expectations. This ensures that you’re making a worthwhile investment.
- Ease of Installation: Many car enthusiasts prefer to perform basic modifications such as adding a cold air intake or another similar accessory themselves. An easy-to-install CAI allows enthusiasts to save money on installation costs and perform the upgrade on their own. It eliminates the need for professional installation, which can turn out to be expensive as well as time-consuming. Many manufacturers offer detailed instructions with the unit, which makes the job even easier.
- Warranty: A warranty is essentially a manufacturer’s promise regarding the reliability and quality of their product. So for performance improvement, automobile accessories such as a cold air intake must come with a long warranty period to assure their build quality and reliability. Having a long warranty provides financial protection in case the product fails prematurely or encounters issues that are covered under the warranty terms.
For almost all automobile enthusiasts, adding a new accessory to their cars is certainly a very enjoyable task. But, you should always pick up the perfect option for your car if you are looking forward to increased performance as well as adding a dependable unit in your car. For that, we are bringing you the best options available in the automobile industry right now, which will be perfect for a lot of buyers. We will also indicate the compatible range of options for each of our choices along with a brief review to help you with your choice. Furthermore, you can check out our “Buying Guide” for the best cold air intake that shall tell you about the most important qualities of a cold air intake.
Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Charger v6 Table
|Best Cold Air Intake for Dodge Charger V6||Compatibility||Warranty||Buy Now|
|AIRAID Cold Air Intake||2011-2022 CHRYSLER/DODGE (300, 300C, 300S, Challenger, Charger) AIR-353-210||Lifetime Warranty||Check On Amazon|
|K&N Cold Air Intake||3.6L, V6, 2011-2019 Dodge/Chrysler (Challenger, Charger, 300) 63-1564||Lifetime Warranty||Check On Amazon|
|Spectre Cold Air Intake||2011-2019 CHRYSLER/DODGE (300, 300C, Challenger, Charger) SPE-9028||—||Check On Amazon|
|K&N 69-2544TP Cold Air Intake||3.6L, V6, 2011-2019 Dodge/Chrysler (Challenger, Charger, 300, C), 69-2544TP||Lifetime Warranty||Check On Amazon|
|MOOSUN Cold Air Intake||Dodge/Chrysler (Challenger, Charger, 300) 5.7L 6.1L V8||—||Check On Amazon|
|Ares Motorsports Cold Air Intake||Charger/Chrysler 300 3.6L V6 2011-2016||—||Check On Amazon|
|Velocity Concepts Cold Air Intake||Challenger/Charger/Chrysler 300 3.6L V6 2011-2016||—||Check On Amazon|
Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Charger v6 Reviews
Securing the 1st position on our picks for the best cold air intake is the most popular option available on our list today, which is the AIRAID Cold Air Intake System by K&N. This is a top-of-the-line performance upgrade for your vehicle designed to elevate your driving experience. The AIRAID Cold Air Intake System is engineered to enhance your vehicle’s performance. It comes with an aerodynamically-engineered intake tube, which accelerates airflow to your engine while reducing turbulence. This simple intake also ensures your engine intake clean and oxygen-rich air is paramount.
AIRAID’s performance intake systems provide an unimpeded path for airflow, resulting in cooler, denser air entering your engine. Despite the benefits, AIRAID’s intake systems are designed with user-friendliness in mind. There is no need for recalibration after installation and you simply need to bolt it on and enjoy the horsepower gains. The kit also comes with a washable and reusable air filter. This filter is not only eco-friendly but also highly efficient in capturing contaminants, providing top-quality engine protection.
- It offers noticeable performance boost
- Very easy to install
- It comes with a reusable air filter
- Compatible with 2011-2022 CHRYSLER/DODGE (300, 300C, 300S, Challenger, Charger) AIR-353-210
- Most trusted choice for a cold air intake
- Installation and quick and hassle-free
- Air filter has a long life
- A few other options offer more power gains
The 2nd position on our list is also reserved by a highly powerful and premium choice developed by K&N. This 63-1564 cold air intake is engineered to provide exceptional benefits for your 3.6L V6, 2011-2019 Dodge/Chrysler vehicle, including the Challenger, Charger, and 300. So whether you’re seeking increased acceleration or guaranteed horsepower gains, the kit delivers it all. It offers a less restrictive airflow path, allowing an influx of cool, oxygen-rich air into your engine. This translates into a substantial increase in horsepower, with estimates of up to 8HP and up to 8 ft. lbs. of torque.
This is surely a treat for enthusiasts as your engine will have a distinct sound with acceleration, providing a satisfying auditory signature. However, as you reach cruising speed, it seamlessly returns to a quieter and refined sound. Rest assured that the horsepower and torque claims are backed by dyno testing on wheel-based dynamometers. The intake system also comes with a comprehensive report, giving you confidence in the performance gains you’ll experience. The air filters of the product combine four layers of pleated, breathable cotton with K&N’s red filter oil to offer the purest air intake.
- It guarantees up to 8 HP power and 8 ft.lbs. of torque gain
- Introduces a distinct sound at the time of acceleration
- Backed by Dyno testing
- Compatible with 3.6L, V6, 2011-2019 Dodge/Chrysler (Challenger, Charger, 300) 63-1564
- It comes with a lifetime warranty period
- It ensures premium-level engine protection
- Easy to install despite the powerful features
- Costs more than twice as much compared to a few other choices
While many other cold air intakes are somewhat expensive, the options available from Spectre are comparatively budget-friendly. If you are also looking for such an option, here’s the cold air intake from Spectre.
In the 3rd position, we are putting a mid-range option which can be a good choice for entry-level buyers who are just getting into car modification. The Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit is compatible with the 2011 to 2019 models of the CHRYSLER/DODGE vehicle, including the 300, 300C, Challenger, and Charger. The Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit delivers impressive gains when it comes to horsepower and torque. Just like our last choice, it is also Dyno-tested to provide up to 50% more airflow than the factory air filter.
The kit allows you to elevate your driving experience with an enhanced engine sound. The Spectre kit makes you listen to the power under the hood by adding a thrilling auditory element to your driving. It also goes the extra mile for safeguarding your engine. It’s designed to protect your engine from harmful contaminants and debris, ensuring optimal longevity and reliability. Towing enthusiasts can surely appreciate the improved acceleration and uphill performance delivered by this intake kit.
- It ensures increased HP and torque
- Towing performance is better
- World-class protection is assured
- Compatible with 2011-2019 CHRYSLER/DODGE (300, 300C, Challenger, Charger) SPE-9028
- Easy to maintain and install
- Bolt-on power upgrade for quicker setup
- It does not void vehicle warranty
- Slightly more expensive than other entry-level choices
The K&N Cold Air Intake Kit 69-2544TP is yet another fine choice from K&N which helps you unlock the full potential of the 3.6L V6, 2011 to 2019 models of Dodge and Chrysler. This kit is beautifully engineered to deliver a significant boost in acceleration, an exciting sound signature, and guaranteed horsepower gains of up to 7HP. This kit does not compromise the performance at all, offering the engine with little to zero restriction in its intake path. This translates into a substantial boost in horsepower, offering an estimated increase of up to 7 HP, along with up to 8 ft.lbs. of torque.
And just like our last pick from K&N, this kit also commits to performance thanks to rigorous dyno testing. Each intake system comes with comprehensive reports, providing you with confidence in the tangible horsepower and torque gains you’ll experience. One of the most promising aspects of this kit is K&N’s renowned reusable air filter which is created by combining four layers. With that, it can effectively absorb dirt and dust particles. This design ensures that clean air continuously flows into your engine. The maintenance requirement of this kit is once every 100,000 miles under normal conditions.
- It guarantees up to 8 HP power and 8 ft.lbs. of torque gain
- Introduces a distinct sound at the time of acceleration
- It has a lifetime warranty period
- Compatible with 3.6L, V6, 2011-2019 Dodge/Chrysler (Challenger, Charger, 300) 63-1564
- Most trusted premium choice for a cold air intake
- Maintenance cycle is less frequent
- Highly durable aluminum intake tube & heat shield
- It may not be the ideal option for beginners
MOOSUN can be an ideal option for those who are just getting into car modifications and are not sure about how much gains are to be expected from a cold air intake. To save you an excessively high initial investment, we suggest checking out this option from MOOSUN.
The MOOSUN Pipe Perfit Cold Air Intake Kit is yet another budget choice that has made its way to our list of the best cold air intake designed for Dodge Charger v6 cars. It works with 2005 to 2010 Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger 2008 to 2010 models, Dodge Charger 2006 to 2010 models, and Dodge Magnum 2005 to 2008 models having 5.7L and 6.1L V8 engines. Even though it’s an affordable choice, it offers several options for tube and filter colors. Basically, this simple device manages to improve engine performance by optimizing the airflow. It helps with the path for air to enter your engine, resulting in improved throttle response and potentially increased horsepower.
Since this is a complete kit, it also includes a high-flow air filter designed to allow more air into the engine while keeping away the contaminants and harmful particles. You will also find a heat shield included in the package, which avoids high temperatures air intake in the engine bay. This ensures that the air entering your engine remains at a cooler temperature for improved performance.
- Works in a similar fashion as premium alternatives
- High air flow filter is included
- It also comes with a heat shield
- Compatible with Dodge/Chrysler (Challenger, Charger, 300) 5.7L 6.1L V8
- One of the cheapest alternatives for a cold air intake
- Compatible with a wide range of options
- All necessary apparatus is included in the package
- Other options are more reliable for long term
As there aren’t many brands available out there for a cold air intake that balances price to performance ratio, we are glad to include Ares in this list. You can expect the same from the promising cold air intake designed by Ares.
The Ares Motorsports Cold Air Intake System is a heat shield and filter combo, making it a complete performance enhancement accessory for the Challenger, Charger, and Chrysler 300 equipped with the 3.6L V6 engine from 2011 to 2016. Despite its relatively limited compatibility, the cold air intake will surely be beneficial to your vehicle’s performance. It achieves this by allowing your engine to draw in cooler air. This makes it possible to achieve almost 5 to 10 horsepower increase as well as 6 to 8 percent gain in torque.
On top of that, to maintain the integrity of the intake air temperature, the kit comes with a reflective aluminum heat shield mat material. This shield helps protect the intake air from the high temperatures before it reaches the code, ensuring that the air entering the engine remains cool at all times. This can be especially helpful if you reside in an exceptionally hot environment. Another benefit of this kit is an up to 95% increase in filtration efficiency. This means that not only will your engine benefit from improved performance, but it will also be better protected against contaminants, contributing to its longevity.
- 5 to 10 horsepower and 6% to 8% gain in torque
- Reflective Heat Shield
- Improved filtration efficiency
- Compatible with Charger/Chrysler 300 3.6L V6 2011-2016
- It increases filtration efficiency by nearly 50%
- Suitable for both automotive enthusiasts and casual drivers
- It does not add excessive noise to the engine
- It is not compatible with newer models
In the end, we are introducing the Motorsports Cold Air Intake System, which is also a budget choice compared to many other choices we checked out so far. This kit is estimated to deliver gains of 5 to 10 horsepower and a torque increase of 6 to 8 percent, which is on par with that of the premium models. To ensure that intake air remains at an optimal temperature, the kit comes with a reflective heat shield. Beyond performance, this kit also takes care of engine protection by improving filtration efficiency.
Installing this kit is a rather straightforward and hassle-free process. It’s designed to fit seamlessly with your vehicle, and you won’t require any additional tools for the job once you get this complete kit. As for compatibility, you probably don’t have anything to worry about since this unit can be paired with Challenger, Charger, and Chrysler 300 models from 2011 to 2016 powered by the 3.6L V6 engine.
- Noticeable performance improvement
- Reflective heat shield with highly effective filter
- Enhanced filtration efficiency
- Compatible with Challenger/Charger/Chrysler 300 3.6L V6 2011-2016
- Installation is very user-friendly
- Filtration is on par with premium alternatives
- Compatible with many popular options
- It may have installation difficulties if paired with models post 2016
Buying Guide For The Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Charger v6
Having cold air pushed into your car’s engine for combustion can offer quite a few advantages. Most importantly, colder air is denser and contains more oxygen which leads to improved combustion in the engine. This results in increased horsepower and torque and gives your sports sedan a noticeable boost in performance.
A CAI can also help reduce the delay in throttle response, allowing the engine to react more quickly when you step on the gas pedal. This improved responsiveness is critical in sports sedans, where agility and quick acceleration are key.
For these reasons and many more, a lot of car owners install a cold air intake in their cars or upgrade the existing ones. If you are also looking forward to doing so, you should first check out the most important factors of cold air intake and see which factors affect its performance and compatibility the most. With that information, you can easily pick up the ideal option for your Dodge Charger v6.
The compatibility of a cold air intake is the most critical consideration when selecting this performance modification for your car. It directly impacts the CAI’s functionality and the overall performance of your car. First and foremost, compatibility ensures that the CAI you choose will fit and function correctly with your specific make and model of vehicle. Sports sedan cars, even though you have it shortlisted to dodge chargers, come in various configurations, engine sizes, and designs.
So, a CAI that is not compatible may not properly connect to your vehicle’s intake system. It can potentially lead to poor fitment, air leaks, or improper installation. These issues can result in decreased performance and potential damage to your engine, which would be completely the reverse of your expectations. Furthermore, compatibility affects the ease of installation. A CAI that is designed for your vehicle’s specifications is more likely to align with existing mounting points and intake components.
2. Ease of Installation
An easy installation process is also important for a cold air intake since it reduces the time required to install the unit. This is particularly important for individuals with busy schedules who want to enhance their vehicle’s performance without having to put aside an entire day for the installation process.
Complicated or challenging installations also increase the likelihood of errors during the process. These errors can lead to performance issues, damage to the vehicle, or the need for professional repairs in the future. Alternatively, an easier installation minimizes the risk of mistakes and ensures that the CAI functions as intended. So, ensuring that the CAI is easy to install helps maintain a safe working environment, reducing the risk of accidents or injuries during the process.
3. Air Filter Type
Checking the air filter type of a cold air intake is another critical aspect of choosing the right CAI for your car. This filter is a fundamental component of the intake system, and its type can have a significant impact on both the performance and maintenance requirements of your car. The air filter plays a crucial role in filtering out contaminants and debris from the incoming air before it enters your engine. Different CAIs may come with various types of air filters, such as oiled cotton, dry synthetic, or foam filters.
While most of these filters are good enough for a long period, each type has its own set of advantages and considerations. Oiled cotton filters, for example, are known for their excellent filtration capabilities and high flow rates. They can trap a wide range of particles, including very fine dust. On the other hand, dry synthetic filters do not require oiling and are more convenient in terms of maintenance but may not provide the same level of filtration efficiency as oiled cotton filters.
Checking the warranty of a cold air intake or any other similar performance improvement accessory is an important step when considering this performance modification for your vehicle. The warranty provides a safety net and reassurance to the consumer, and there are several reasons why this is essential. If the CAI were to malfunction or break due to a manufacturing flaw, the warranty would cover the cost of repairs or replacement.
Without a warranty, you’d be responsible for these expenses, which can be quite substantial. A longer and more comprehensive warranty also reflects the manufacturer’s belief that their CAI will perform reliably over an extended period. Moreover, warranties can vary in terms of coverage. Some warranties may only cover certain components of the CAI, while others may provide more extensive coverage. So, you should check the warranty period as well as the policies and terms of the warranty provider before you make the choice.
CAI for Dodge V6 – FAQs
Ans: Yes, a custom or 3rd party air intake can potentially affect the power intake of a vehicle. The design and configuration of the air intake system, such as the type of air filter used, the size and shape of the intake tubing, and the location of the intake opening, influence how much air is drawn into the engine. This certainly has an impact on the engine’s power output.
Ans: In some cases, further engine tuning is recommended after installing a cold air intake to ensure optimal performance and to prevent potential issues. A CAI can drastically increase the amount of air entering the engine, which affects the air-fuel ratio.
If the engine’s ECU is not recalibrated to account for this change in airflow, it can lead to a lean or a rich condition air-fuel mixture. Both of these scenarios can have detrimental effects on performance, fuel efficiency, and engine longevity. Therefore, tuning the ECU can help adjust the air-fuel mixture to the ideal ratio for the new CAI.
Ans: Adding an aftermarket air intake, such as a cold air intake or a high-flow air filter, can affect your vehicle’s maintenance needs. One of the primary maintenance considerations with air intake is the air filter. The type of air filter used can influence maintenance needs. Some air filters, like oiled cotton filters, require periodic cleaning and re-oiling to maintain optimal performance. While a CAI can improve airflow and potentially increase engine performance, it may also require higher maintenance based on the model you are choosing.
Ans: Yes, installing a cold air intake can increase the engine noise or alter the sound characteristics of your vehicle. This change in engine noise is often considered a desirable side effect by automotive enthusiasts but might be a deal breaker for some. The design of many CAIs uses larger-diameter tubing and less restrictive air filters, which can create a more direct path for air to enter the engine. This enhanced yet turbulent airflow can generate additional noise as the engine draws in more air, creating a noticeable sound.
Ans: Cold air intakes are generally feasible for extreme weather conditions, but there are important considerations to keep in mind depending on the type of weather you’re experiencing. CAIs can offer benefits in both extremely hot and cold weather, but their performance and potential impact on your vehicle may vary. These accessories are designed to draw in cooler and denser air from outside the engine, which can lead to improved combustion and performance. In hot weather, the temperature inside the engine bay can rise significantly, and the intake of hot air can reduce engine efficiency.
A cold air intake is a valuable performance upgrade for sports sedan cars, offering improved horsepower, throttle response, and fuel efficiency. However, choosing the perfect CAI can be challenging due to compatibility issues, the variety of options available, local conditions, etc.
Therefore, we have already conducted viable research and shortlisted a handful of options for you. In this guide, you can find the most ideal options available right now for a cold air intake that is highly favored by car enthusiasts. We have also included a buying guide for the best cold air intake, which can further help you while you are making a choice. In the end, we will offer you some recommendations so that you can make a better choice.
- For almost all types of 3rd party vehicle accessories, it is always better to go with options that are trusted by others. Therefore, our 1st recommendation is the AIRAID Cold Air Intake. This is a cold air intake designed to work with 2011 to 2022 CHRYSLER and DODGE models, which covers most of the buyers. The aerodynamically designed intake tubes of the device manage to increase the airflow in the system while reducing the turbulence, which can help to lower the excess noise. One of the few reasons this option is so powerful is that it offers extremely easy installation and also helps to maintain the air-fuel mixture ratio post-installation.
- On the other hand, if you are looking for an affordable option in the vast majority of premium cold air intakes, we will suggest you check out the MOOSUN Cold Air Intake. This is the most affordable option that we have on this list as it costs almost half as much compared to other premium options. Despite being an affordable choice, this is a complete kit that also ships with a filter to make the installation quicker and easier. You will be able to use this cold air intake with 2005 to 2010 models of Dodge and Chrysler. This is also a high-quality option in terms of build quality since it has a thickness of 1.8 mm, while most other options have 1.5 mm.
- Lastly, we will suggest the K&N Cold Air Intake Kit for those who are looking for the absolute best option in terms of performance and reliability. This cold air intake is a rather premium option and is best suited for 2011 to 2019 models of Dodge and Chrysler. Since this is a certified premium choice, K&N is ensuring up to 7 HP improvement in the engine’s performance which is pretty good for such a smaller upgrade. It is also guaranteed to deliver nearly 8 ft-lbs of torque improvement which you will surely appreciate when you are pushing the car up to its limits.