If you notice a certain unpleasant odor in your car and it does not seem to go away even after a thorough cleaning from front to back, it means that there is something wrong with the ventilation system which in turn dictates problems with your car’s air filter.
The air filter of your car is one of its most important accessories that have the responsibility of keeping the intake air clean and pure. It also helps to remove harmful pollutants from the air which is definitely important, especially when you are driving through the city. Therefore, you should be looking for a new cabin air filter for your car. If you are, make sure you keep a few things in mind before you buy one.
- Compatibility: Before you check anything else, you need to make sure that the cabin air filter you are looking at is compatible with your car. Otherwise, you won’t be able to install the unit in your car, making all the additional features of no use to you. The best method of checking the compatibility for such a unit is to see if your car is listed in the compatibility list of the air filter.
- Activated Carbon Layer: Cabin air filters that feature a layer of activated carbon are designed to filter out physical pollutants as well as harmful gasses. The activated carbon layer will also trap various odors and smell to keep the interior environment pleasant and breathable. Therefore, make sure that the cabin air filter you are buying offers a layer of activated carbon.
- Lifespan: When you are looking for a new cabin air filter for your car, you would want to look for options that will offer years of performance without needing a lot of maintenance or a replacement. A standard cabin air filter would last for about 12000 miles of car travel without any problem. However, the lifespan varies based on the driving terrain, car type, and also the number of filtration layers offered by the filter.
If you have landed on this page after hours of research, we can safely assure you that your search ends here. We have gathered the best cabin air filters in this guide that the market has to offer right now. And to ensure compatibility with your car, we are including numerous different options with a wide range of compatibility for different cars. So, you can easily find out the best cabin air filter for your car right here. We also have a “Buying Guide” for the best cabin air filter that you should not miss out on if you want the perfect option for your car.
Best Cabin Air Filter List
|Cabin Air Filter||Size||Suitable For||Buy Now|
|EPAuto Cabin Air Filter||4.72 x 2.36 x 0.5 Inches||Acura : CSX (2007-2011), ILX (2013-2021), MDX (2007-2022), RDX (2007-2018) , RL (2005-2012), RLX (2014-2020), TL (2004-2014), TLX (2015-2020), TSX (2004-2014), ZDX (2010-2013)||Check On Amazon|
|BoschHEPA Cabin Air Filter||9.65 x 9.25 x 1.77 Inches||LEXUS: 2011-17 CT200h, 2013-18 ES300h, 2007-18 ES350, 2006 GS300, 2007-11 GS350, 2006-07 GS430, 2007-11 GS450h, 2008-11 GS460, 2010-20 GX460||Check On Amazon|
|Puroma Cabin Air Filter||8.43 x 7.6 x 1.18 Inches||Toyota 87139-02090, 87139-06040, 87139-07010, 87139-50060, 87139-50100, 87139-52020, 87139-52040, 87139-YZZ08||Check On Amazon|
|ECOGARD Cabin Air Filter||9 x 9 x 1 Inches||—||Check On Amazon|
|Spearhead Premium Cabin Air Filter||8.94 x 7.36 x 0.98 Inches||Explorer (11-20), Flex (09-19), Police Interceptor Sedan (13-19), Police Interceptor Utility (13-19), Police Responder Hybrid (19-20), Taurus (09-19), MKS (10-16), MKT (10-19)||Check On Amazon|
|Pureflow Cabin Air Filter||–||2020-22 Hyundai Palisade||Check On Amazon|
|BESTWELL4U Cabin Air Filter||9.4 x 9.1 x 2.6 Inches||Elantra 2017-2020, Accent 2018-2022,Elantra GT 2018-2020,Forte 2019-2021, Forte 5 (2020-2022),Rio 2018-2021||Check On Amazon|
|Mann Filter Cabin Air Filter||10.63 x 3.35 x 11.22 inches||–||Check On Amazon|
|Purolator Cabin Air Filter||—||—||Check On Amazon|
|AirTechnik CF10373 Cabin Air Filter||11.97 x 9.88 x 2.76 inches||Audi A3/A3 Quattro 06-13, Q3 Quattro 15-18, TT Quattro 08-15 / Volkswagen Beetle 12-19, Caddy III 05-07, CC/Tiguan 09-17, EOS 07-16, Golf 10-14, Golf City 07-10, Golf R 12-13, GTI 06-14, Jetta 05-18, Jetta City 07-09 (Canada), Passat 06-22, Passat CC 09-10 (Canada), R32 2008, Rabbit 06-09, Tiguan 09-17||Check On Amazon|
Best Cabin Air Filter
When it comes to the safety and well-being of you and your family, you should only trust the products that are trusted by thousands of others, even for a car accessory. Therefore, we have the EPAuto cabin air filter at the top of our list.
The EPAuto CP134 (CF10134) Premium Cabin Air Filter is the first and most popular option that we have on this list today. This is rather a budget option, but it still features an activated carbon filter to increase the filtration capacity and effectiveness. Plus, the combination of carbon and soda works together to offer a breeze of fresh air in the car.
This option is a highly popular one since it is compatible with a wide range of models designed by Acura as well as Honda. You can definitely find your car listed in the compatibility section if you own a Honda or an Acura vehicle. Apart from offering fresh and pure air, the EPAuto CP134 (CF10134) Premium Cabin Air Filter also ensures increased HVAC system performance which is always a benefit.
- The filter measures about 4.72 x 2.36 x 0.5 Inches in size
- Compatible with Acura: CSX (2007-2011), ILX (2013-2021), MDX (2007-2022), RDX (2007-2018), RL (2005-2012), RLX (2014-2020), TL (2004-2014), TLX (2015-2020), TSX (2004-2014), ZDX (2010-2013) and various Honda models
- It has a combination of carbon and soda
- Very easy to install
- Budget option for a cabin air filter
- One of the most trusted cabin air filters
- Increases HVAC efficiency
- Some filters are more effective
Bosch is one of the largest brands in the automotive industry right now with worldwide production of vehicle accessories and components. Thus, the cabin air filter from Bosch is one of the most popular options on the market.
In the 2nd position, we are putting the Bosch 6055C HEPA Cabin Air Filter. This is a highly-efficient and premium option that is designed to provide an ultimately clean and pure environment inside a car. And since the product contains a HEPA filter, you can rest assured that there are no harmful chemicals or neutralizers in the filter.
The Bosch 6055C HEPA Cabin Air Filter also features a melt-brown electrostatic layer which is very dense and has enormous trapping capacity. On top of that, it has an additional layer of the static cotton layer to increase the filtration capacity. To make this a rigid and strong filter, Bosch has added additional ribs to maintain the stability of the filter.
- The filter measures about 9.65 x 9.25 x 1.77 Inches in size
- Compatible with LEXUS: 2013-18 ES300h, 2011-17 CT200h, 2010-20 GX460, 2008-11 GS460, 2007-18 ES350, 2007-11 GS350, 2007-11 GS450h, 2006 GS300, 2006-07 GS430,
- Filter contains HEPA filter and melt-brown electrostatic layer
- Strong and rigid filter
- Premium option from Bosch
- Compatible with various models from Lexus, Scion, and Toyota
- Filtration capacity is very good
- Other filters are cheaper in comparison
If you are on the lookout for the cheapest replacement you can find for your Toyota, Lexus, or Scion car, you should get this option from Puroma. This is the most affordable option from our list with a lot of benefits.
In the 3rd place, we have the Puroma Cabin Air Filter. This is the cheapest option that we have for you right now. But, it still offers a high filtration capacity thanks to the activated carbon layer. So, you will get exceptional protection from dust, soot, dirt, and many other types of pollutants. Plus, there is a soda woven layer that combines with the activated carbon for better filtration efficiency.
The Puroma Cabin Air Filter also manages to significantly improve the performance of your car’s HVAC system that can benefit from the fresh air intake. It is possible because of the closed-mesh non-woven filter layer of the Puroma Cabin Air Filter. However, you should still get the filter checked every year and replace it once a year if possible.
- The filter measures about 8.43 x 7.6 x 1.18 Inches in size
- Compatible with Toyota 87139-02090, 87139-52040, 87139-06040, 87139-50060, 87139-50100, 87139-07010, 87139-52020, 87139-YZZ08
- Features activated carbon filtration layer
- Enhances HVAC performance
- Most affordable choice for a cabin air filter
- Helps with the performance of HVAC system
- Soda woven layer combined with activated carbon
- Needs a rep[lacement once every year
The ECOgard Cabin Air Filter makes the air cleaner and fresher in your car while you driving. Our unique filter cleans the air in your car, so you and your passengers can breathe and enjoy a more comfortable ride. Our filter protects you from things like dust, pollen, dirty air, allergy triggers.
The Cabin Air Filter not only makes your car’s air healthier, but it also protects your car’s heating and cooling system. It keeps your car’s heating and cooling system working longer, so you don’t have to spend money fixing or replacing it. It works with most car types without any trouble. It makes your car’s air fresh and clean, while also being easy and reliable. Breathe easy, drive safe, and make every journey a breath of fresh air with the ECOgard Cabin Air Filter.
- Removes 99.5% of airborne contaminants, including dust, pollen, allergens, and pet dander.
- Extends the life of your car’s heating and cooling components.
- Easy installation with compatibility for most car models.
- Provides cleaner and fresher air for you and your passengers.
- Helps avoid potential HVAC system repairs and replacements.
- Simple installation doesn’t require professional help.
- Requires periodic replacement, usually every 12,000 to 15,000 miles.
- Doesn’t address strong odors in the car.
The Spearhead Premium Breathe Easy Cabin Filter is one more budget option that we have for this list of the best cabin air filters. While most standard cabin air filters offer a lifespan of about 12000 miles, Spearhead Premium Breathe Easy Cabin Filter offers a nearly 25% longer life that makes it last for up to 15000 miles. And, it also has a real coconut shell-activated carbon layer for the best filtration capacity.
The Spearhead Premium Breathe Easy Cabin Filter also uses a thick and industrial-grade electrostatic media that makes it possible to trap even the smallest pollutants. But as a result, the filter is almost twice as heavier as other options. And since this s a budget option, it is a pretty good choice for the price.
- The filter measures about 8.94 x 7.36 x 0.98 Inches in size
- Compatible with Explorer (11-20), Flex (09-19), Police Interceptor Sedan (13-19), Police Interceptor Utility (13-19), Police Responder Hybrid (19-20), Taurus (09-19), MKS (10-16), MKT (10-19)
- Filter uses industrial-grade electrostatic media
- Almost 25% longer lifespan than other options
- No replacement needed for nearly 15000 miles
- More powerful compared to standard filters
- Verified OEM fitment
- Twice as heavier compared to other filters
The Pureflow Cabin Air Filter is yet another premium choice that we have on this list of the best cabin air filters. But, this is more a combination kit as it also comes with a car air freshener. So with this kit, you will not only get pure and hygienic air, but also a fresh feeling inside your car. As for the filter, it has Pureflow’s cabin air filter that brings 4-stage filtration for a perfect experience.
The 4 stages include the trapping of particulate media, filtration of toxic gasses with an activated charcoal layer, and the 4th layer of advanced filtration technology. As for the air freshener, Premium Guard is promising up to 3 times longer lifespan thanks to its slow-release technology. The air freshener also pairs well with your HVAC system by blending natural scents with the fresh air.
- Kit of the cabin air filter and air freshener
- Compatible with 2020-22 Hyundai Palisade
- Air freshener lasts nearly 3 times longer
- 4-stage filtration system
- Value for the money choice
- Strong filtration process
- Reliable cabin air freshener
- Comparatively expensive choice than other options
BESTWELL4U is also bringing an economical choice on our list of the best cabin air filters with this option. This option will certainly save you from the hassle of looking for a new option anytime soon.
The BESTWELL4U Cabin Air Filter is our next choice for the best cabin air filters on the market. However, this is the first option on our list that is offering 2 units at the price one. Therefore, it is certainly an economical choice if you have a compatible vehicle. The installation of the BESTWELL4U Cabin Air Filters is also quite easy since this is an OEM-approved cabin air filter.
You can finish the installation of the BESTWELL4U Cabin Air Filter within just 5 to 10 minutes. This is also one of the highly versatile options on our list since it is compatible with various car models from Hyundai, Elantra, Kia, Rio, and many others.
- The filter measures about 9.4 x 9.1 x 2.6 Inches in size
- Compatible with Elantra 2017-2020, Accent 2018-2022, Elantra GT 2018-2020, Forte 2019-2021, Forte 5 (2020-2022), Rio 2018-2021
- Comes in a pack of 2
- Easy to install
- Comparatively affordable choice since there are 2 units
- Compatibility is tested and verified
- Suitable for a wide range of vehicles
- Needs a replacement within 12 months
The Mann Filter cabin air filter with activated carbon is an critical element for maintaining your vehicle’s indoors air clean and unfastened from dangerous pollutants, pollen, and odors. Air flowing into the cabin thru the air conditioning system may be up to five times greater contaminated with exhaust gases and different pollutants than outside air.
This filter out gives greater safety against particulate depend, harmful gases, and odors to your vehicle, making it an excellent choice for those with allergic reactions or sensitivity to pollution.
It’s made from fantastic carbon fiber cloth and is designed to prevent almost one hundred% of even the tiniest debris from getting into the vehicle, shielding the A/C system from harm. The filter out ought to be changed at intervals of at the least each 12,000 miles or as soon as in step with 12 months to make sure easy air inside the cabin and to preserve its efficiency. This product is manufactured in China and is derived from the trusted logo of Mann Filter.
- The filter measures about 10.63 x 3.35 x 11.22 Inches in size.
- 3-layer filter design
- Removes 99% of contaminants
- Highly-efficient filter without the HEPA layer
- Increased airflow
- Increased the life of fan’s motor
- Quite expensive cabin air filter compared to other options
Purolator BOSS cabin air filter is like a solution for your car’s air. It makes your air cleaner, healthier, and more efficient. It is must-have for a better driving experience. This amazing filter makes your car time better, safer, and more fun.
The cabin air filter is designed to deliver outstanding results. It is good at removing tiny things and viruses from the air, keeping you healthy and safe while driving. Your car’s air will be much cleaner and better. This filter says no to bad smells, mold, and germs in the air. It works hard to keep the air you breathe clean.
- Highly effective at eliminating fine particles and virus aerosols.
- Prevents unwanted odors, mold, and bacteria growth.
- Enhances fuel economy and acceleration by up to 10%.
- Keeps the air inside your car clean and healthy.
- Reduces fuel consumption, saving you money.
- Blocks unpleasant odors and contaminants for a more pleasant ride.
- Requires replacement only every 12 months or 12,000 miles.
- Regular replacement is necessary for continued effectiveness.
- May have a higher upfront cost compared to standard filters.
- Ensure it fits your vehicle model for optimal performance.
AirTechnik activated carbon cabin filters are well matched with a extensive range of Audi and Volkswagen models, inclusive of the A3, Q3, TT, Beetle, Golf, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, and greater. With a 3-degree filtration technology, they filter out up to 99% of road dirt and other particles from coming into your car, presenting a consistent supply of clean air for respiratory comfort.
Cabin air filters ought to get replaced as a minimum once every twelve months, and every filter out comes with installation commands for fast and clean replacement.
These filters are designed to improve air glide and prevent particle buildup internal your automobile, making them an crucial aspect for maintaining air high-quality and protective the A/C system. Verify fitment with Amazon Part Finder and replace with confidence the usage of AirTechnik cabin filters.
- The filter measures about 11.97 x 9.88 x 2.76 inches in size
- Audi A3/A3 Quattro 06-13, Q3 Quattro 15-18, TT Quattro 08-15 / Volkswagen Beetle 12-19, Caddy III 05-07, CC/Tiguan 09-17, EOS 07-16, Golf 10-14, Golf City 07-10, Golf R 12-13, GTI 06-14, Jetta 05-18, Jetta City 07-09 (Canada), Passat 06-22, Passat CC 09-10 (Canada), R32 2008, Rabbit 06-09, Tiguan 09-17
- It has melt-blown nonwoven and Charcoal layer
- 1 to 5 micrometer fiber diameter
- Best suited for a long term purchase
- Set includes 3 cabin air filters
- It offers a larger absorption area
- Not the perfect choice if you only need 1 cabin air filter
Buying Guide For The Best Cabin Air Filter
Finding the best cabin air filter for your car can be a very difficult task, especially if this is your first time finding a replacement part. Apart from compatibility, you need to check a lot of other factors to ensure whether the product you are buying is a worthy purchase or not. Without these features, you will not get a satisfactory result from the cabin air filter, and thus, you will be looking for a new replacement very soon.
To avoid that, we have prepared this buying guide so that you can check these factors in the product that you are getting and see if it is the right option for you or not. So by the time you reach the end of our buying guide, you can easily pick up the right choice for a cabin air filter for your car.
1. Type of Filter
There are 2 main types of cabin air filters that you will come across while looking for an ideal choice for your car. But before you can decide which option is perfect for you, you need to understand the basic differences between these 2 options and see which one offers the most benefits in your case. While both particle and activated carbon cabin air filters are fairly popular in the market, here’s what you need to know about each of these filter types.
a. Particle Cabin Air Filter
Particle cabin air filters, as the name makes it quite clear, are designed to trap minute particles and microscopic pollutants. So, you can expect a particle cabin air filter to keep your car safe from dust, pollen, and various other toxic particles. Some premium-grade particle cabin air filters offer filtration up to micron-level, making them the perfect choice for most users.
b. Activated Carbon Air Filter
Activated carbon filters on the other hand have a special layer of, well, activated carbon that can deal with harmful chemicals as well as physical contaminants without any problem. The activated carbon particles bond with the pollutants at a molecular level and trap them before they can proceed further inside the filter. As a result, such filters can effectively deal with harmful gasses, smells, and even exhaust pollutants. However, these filters are a bit more expensive and are comparatively larger in size.
Once you find out the right type of cabin air filter for your car, the next thing that you need to check is the compatibility of the unit with your car. As you may already know, apparatus such as a cabin air filter is designed according to the type or a particular series of vehicles. Therefore, not all options can be the best fit for your car. To help you with that, we have managed to offer a certain set of compatible options for each cabin air filter that we have listed today.
So if you find your car listed within the compatibility list of the cabin air filter, you can buy the unit without any hesitation. However, even if you don’t see your car listed up there, you can still get an idea about the compatibility by referring to the size of the cabin air filter and comparing it with the size of the unit installed in your car right now. The best method is to find one that matches the dimensions of the existing cabin air filter of your car. On top of that, you should also prefer getting the same option from the same brand if you can find one.
3. Expected Lifespan
The expected lifespan is not a notable feature only for cabin air filters, but for all maintenance-related accessories installed in your car. These filters collect a lot of dust and dirt over time, ultimately reducing their efficiency over time. While you can always take out the filter and clean it up to get better performance, there will be a time when you will need to replace the filter altogether. So, you should try to find a filter that has a higher expected lifespan.
A standard cabin air filter will offer you flawless performance with up to 12000 miles of vehicle coverage. So any option that offers at least 12000 miles of lifespan is a good choice. And the ones that offer a higher lifespan are obviously better alternatives. If you end up with a cabin air filter that is washable and reusable, the overall lifespan of the product will always be better.
4. Filtration Capacity
Lastly, we will suggest checking out the overall filtration capacity of the unit to get an idea about its performance before installing the product in your car. Since you are buying a cabin air filter, this is the most crucial feature of the product that directly affects its performance. The filtration capacity may also vary based on the type of cabin air filter you are buying. For example, a particle cabin air filter is good enough for microscopic pollutants and dust. On the other hand, an activated carbon cabin air filter is a much better option that can easily filter out toxic gasses and pollutants without any problem. So along with a fresh and odor-free environment, you can also rely on the internal hygiene and purity of the air offered by such a filter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: The answer to this question will be different for different drivers. While it is important for some drivers to replace the filter every 12 to 15 thousand miles, some drivers won’t even notice a difference until up to 25 thousand miles. It varies based on the surrounding regions and the quality of the cabin air filter you are installing in your car. In any case, you should at least consider getting your cabin air filter checked out once every year or so.
Ans: If you do not replace your cabin air filter for a long time, say a year or so, you will start noticing weird smells and dust coming into your car from the HVAC system. Since the filter keeps collecting dust and dirt over time, the filter gets clogged at some point, reducing the flow of fresh air inside your car. You may also get exposed to harmful pollutants and gasses that can be hazardous to your health. And on top of that, the overall efficiency of your air conditioning system will be compromised.
Ans: A cabin air filter is not a crucial part of the drivetrain or electronic system of your car. So, you can easily drive your car without an air filter. However, we will strongly recommend not doing it since it directly affects the health of the driver as well as the passengers. Without a filter trapping dust, dirt, pollutants, and harmful gasses, you will be directly exposed to all of that even when you are driving in a particularly cleaner environment. While a lot of users prefer driving with open windows for fresh air, we will still suggest investing in a decent cabin air filter to be safe.
A cabin air filter is one of the most crucial parts of your car that directly affects your well-being as well as your overall experience while you are in the car. While the importance of a cabin air filter might not be apparent for shorter drivers, you can definitely see the difference on longer drives, especially when you are driving through a rather rough environment with a lot of dust and dirt in the air. To help you choose the right cabin air filter for your car, we have gathered the best options for a cabin air filter right here along with a helpful buying guide to guide you toward the best option under your budget. Since we have explained all of our picks with a brief review, you can easily select the perfect option without hesitation. We also have some recommendations from this list that might be the right call for your car.
- Finding a cheaper replacement option for a cabin air filter is certainly a tough job. But if you have a Toyota model, you should look into the Puroma Cabin Air Filter since it is the cheapest option on this list. Still, this is an activated carbon cabin air filter with a lot of benefits. Puroma Cabin Air Filter ensures effective protection against all types of air contaminants such as dust, pollens, toxic gasses, etc. For added efficiency, the filter combines Soda woven with the layer of activated carbon.
- On the other hand, if you don’t want the hassle of finding a new replacement for your cabin air filter every other year, we will suggest going with the AirTechnik CF10373 Cabin Air Filter pack. This is a pack of 3 cabin air filters that are perfectly compatible with a wide range of car models. The AirTechnik CF10373 Cabin Air Filter are made up of a mesh of melt-blown nonwoven and charcoal. With that, it brings the benefit of a 1 to 5-micrometer filtration surface that can trap even the most minute-sized pollutants.
- Lastly, we will suggest going with the EPAuto CP134 Premium Cabin Air Filter since there are tens of thousands of happy customers that are currently using this cabin air filter. The EPAuto CP134 (CF10134) Premium Cabin Air Filter is also compatible with a lot of car models and ensures the best performance for this price. The EPAuto CP134 (CF10134) Premium Cabin Air Filter contains activated carbon as well as soda for an increased filtration capacity. So, this unit will also increase the efficiency of your filtration system.